+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone tried to cancel their contract with AT&T?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When I had a iPhone with AT&T back in 2008 I had cancelled my service with them to switch back to T-Mobile lol. Anyways before they finally cancelled me they
    Thanks

Default Anyone tried to cancel their contract with AT&T?
    When I had a iPhone with AT&T back in 2008 I had cancelled my service with them to switch back to T-Mobile lol. Anyways before they finally cancelled me they transferred me to the cancellation department and they tried to get me to stay by giving me an extra 200 bonus minutes per month for the life of my contract on my 450 anytime minute plan, but I refused and cancelled anyways.

I was just curious if anyone has actually cancelled or attempted to cancel only to stay with extra bonus monthly minutes for the life of your contract? While their pricing plans are pretty much the same as T-Mobile (at least for voice) you are cheated by 550 anytime minutes...their prices are really outragious for what you get and that goes for any carrier except for T-Mobile of course! And don't even get me started on their text plans...RIP OFF!

Just curious...

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Any carrier is going to give incentives for you to stay, if your a good customer (pays). However I use around 4500 minutes/month so 200 doesnt mean anything to me.

Thanks

Wow, 4500 a month huh? I do most of my phone use in the evenings/overnight hours so I don't need a huge peak time plan but 450 is still kinda low for that price of 39.99. So 650 total for me would be super...I'm switching back to them so I plan on testing it out after my return period has passed lol.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yeah now thats not all anytime....but I own my own biz so yeah I use alot during the week.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    When I had a iPhone with AT&T back in 2008 I had cancelled my service with them to switch back to T-Mobile lol. Anyways before they finally cancelled me they transferred me to the cancellation department and they tried to get me to stay by giving me an extra 200 bonus minutes per month for the life of my contract on my 450 anytime minute plan, but I refused and cancelled anyways.

I was just curious if anyone has actually cancelled or attempted to cancel only to stay with extra bonus monthly minutes for the life of your contract? While their pricing plans are pretty much the same as T-Mobile (at least for voice) you are cheated by 550 anytime minutes...their prices are really outragious for what you get and that goes for any carrier except for T-Mobile of course! And don't even get me started on their text plans...RIP OFF!

Just curious...
    Good info.. I'll try that on monday to see if I can get extra minutes or not.. 450 is not really enough for me.. hehe
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've never tried to cancel, but T-mobile doesn't give me any incentive to leave AT&T. I use around 4.5k minutes a month along with 9.6k txt msgs(last month bill). and I have a steady range of 150-200...also, I have 2 lines on this acct. The stats I just gave you were for one....AT&T ftw

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I called AT&T this morning, told them I have problem with my voicemail and the 3G signal is not stable, and that I wanted to cancel my account.. After 20mins on the phone back and forth, the rep finally told me that he would add 2500 mins rollover to my account, and it should be available in 4 hours if I check my online AT&T.., but till now its already 12 hours and I dont see it in my AT&T page.. I think I have to call him again tomorrow...

Update: Yeah, I got 2500 rollover added to my account. Cool
    Last edited by istorm; 07-29-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!