+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iphone 3Gs by sales rep.

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i just got off the phone with the floor manager at ATT. i asked him to set up my MMS provisioning. told him im a dev (i am) told him
    iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

Unhappy MMS on iphone 3Gs by sales rep.
    i just got off the phone with the floor manager at ATT.
    i asked him to set up my MMS provisioning.

told him im a dev (i am)
    told him i got instuctions on what needed to happen, and that i already had the carrier settings from apple.
    and that a member of my team successfully got mms to work from an att sales rep. a while ago (while 3.0 was in beta)

he insisted it was impossible.

no matter what i said.
    i also had an apple tech support guy on the line with me so he couldnt say "ya you need to talk to apple"

he insisted that the new system doesnt allow them to change iphone plans.

is he right?
    and is there another way to get MMS for longer than a few days (sim swapping)

iPhone? More like MyPhone slidingmike's Avatar
    Thanks

sales rep won't do crap. They aren't autorized or trained in the since of anything related to MMS with the iPhone. Thats why all they can say is its not possible. Try getting up to Tier 2 Support. I was speaking to a representative there and made it up to her Supervisor which finally got ticked and said just try what he's saying and tell me if it works. Guess what? It works.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slidingmike For This Useful Post:

JustinPizzle (07-18-2009)

Thanks

ya i talked to tier two. and the manager said it was impossible. should i just keep pressing him? when did it work for you?

Thanks

Actually try calling at a different time make sure they know that you are working with other devs that have it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slidingmike For This Useful Post:

JustinPizzle (07-18-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i been told that by customer service, sales rep, and the tech chat reps... they cant change it anymore?

Mine is set up idk how though..

Thanks

got mine working. slidingmike posted my way i believe. send me an aim if he didnt, and ill explain

what you have to do, is put the sim in an old ATT phone, and then tell the rep, that your going to be switching between phones. and that you need all your current iphone data plans to stay intact, and that you need a messaging plan instead of an iphone texting plan, and that you need Push WAP and then that they need to change two places in snooper so it wont change you back to the old plan when you put the sim back in your iphone (give them the excuse that you dont want to keep calling back to change that plan everytime you put it in the old sim)

all this was done for me by a tier one agent.
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-19-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I do need to merge in what you said sorry i haven't yet. If i start having problems i think i'll try the snooper thing but i didn't want to go into the part about having to switch phones. The less amount of time i want to talk to a att agent is what i want.

Thanks

well i just say that to make sure they keep my other plans intact. and it helps if you have an excuse, i was walking one of my friends through it today, and he said he just told them to change the plan, well the chick went to her supervisor and said it was against the rules and that because he had an iphone, he couldnt have any other plans. so they key is to keep them from asking someone who would know, and keep them from getting confused. tell them your swapping phones, and want to be able to mms on the other phone (the girl kept telling me "you realize the iphone is completely incapable of MMS, that pissed me off) enable Push WAP, and then there are two places in snooper that need to be changed so they dont switch you back (tell them to do it so you can avoid calling and changing every time you switch)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ This worked for me several months ago but AT&T is getting worse and worse about enabling WAP push. Good luck!

Thanks

as a side note, i restored my phone this morning, and it had to reactivate. it rendered the messaging plan incapable of MMS and i called back, had them readd it, and then it worked again flawlessly, just readd it no snooper or wap mods.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ This worked for me several months ago but AT&T is getting worse and worse about enabling WAP push. Good luck!
    ya, they are. when i use the switching phones method though, they have almost always done it.

I tested mine this morning, MMS going good.
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-20-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This seams so stupid. At&t won't activate it for anyone. I have been with them for 6 years and they won't even give me to the Tier 2 reps. They say "all are busy". WTF... I am for the first time tempted to go to T-mobile even with out 3G speeds.

Thanks

it is stupid. ATT should have had all this up and ready by the launch of the 3.0. and even by the 3GS,
    but nothing at all. pisses me off.

(my MMS is still working flawlessly)
    (so is tethering, but thats not a big deal lol)

Quote Originally Posted by GMA's Iphoner View Post
    This seams so stupid. At&t won't activate it for anyone.
    they did it for me. granted i had to lie to them. but it took about 10-15 minutes on average and i had MMS.
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

**EDIT CPJR- Useless**
    Last edited by cpjr; 07-21-2009 at 06:56 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gordo2150 For This Useful Post:

alectra82 (07-21-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Who's Fault it is? Both, as much as ATT, and the END USER(US) Why because we are always abusing certain features on our service, Who can remember that texting was almost free! you could send @ least over 100/200 and there were no charges! but WTF happened poeple abusing of it, and since texting is a data package. they had to charge us now. Sending MMS on t-mobile or verizon was fun! but now they charge too!

We are responsible for all this ****** problems! why because we can't wait for **** to happened. What is so important to send a MMS, or a God Damn video! what is so important for a persona to do tether, on a slow MTF line! the **** is like gong back to a dial up service! Please be for real! I paid for mines and the **** is fast. If you wantend to use certain features on an iphone you should have bought it UNLOCKED. Even the G1, t-mobile is so MTF slow and the **** is so $ home with ATT!

ATT might not be best! trust me is not! But it does wonders to my unlocked cell phones!

Stop ******** about this and That! and just have patiences! that all you need! and if you want that bad to USE MMS/TETHER Move to Canada,France or Spain! because they been having the service since last week!

We are the One to BLame! because were so MTF spoiled **** heads! you want MMS, get a regular phone! with the new Updates! the **** will hit the Fan! Because all these F heads calling a service rep!

Why do we always seen to F everything else that is good?

JUST MTF WAIT! if you have and Locked phone! on this **** not even Ultrasn0w can help! because your IMEI! every time you call, every time you send a text! your # appears and tell what phone you are using!

Next time! do like I do! Buy one unloked! becuase they are worth the $$$$$ you all that stupid **** people love doing!
    So how do you really feel?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

gordo2150 (07-21-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who's Fault it is? Both, as much as ATT, and the END USER(US) Why because we are always abusing certain features on our service, Who can remember that texting was almost free! you could send @ least over 100/200 and there were no charges! but WTF happened poeple abusing of it, and since texting is a data package. they had to charge us now. Sending MMS on t-mobile or verizon was fun! but now they charge too!

We are responsible for all this ****** problems! why because we can't wait for **** to happened. What is so important to send a MMS, or a God Damn video! what is so important for a persona to do tether, on a slow MTF line! the **** is like gong back to a dial up service! Please be for real! I paid for mines and the **** is fast. If you wantend to use certain features on an iphone you should have bought it UNLOCKED. Even the G1, t-mobile is so MTF slow and the **** is so $ home with ATT!

ATT might not be best! trust me is not! But it does wonders to my unlocked cell phones!

Stop ******** about this and That! and just have patiences! that all you need! and if you want that bad to USE MMS/TETHER Move to Canada,France or Spain! because they been having the service since last week!

We are the One to BLame! because were so MTF spoiled **** heads! you want MMS, get a regular phone! with the new Updates! the **** will hit the Fan! Because all these F heads calling a service rep!

Why do we always seen to F everything else that is good?

JUST MTF WAIT! if you have and Locked phone! on this **** not even Ultrasn0w can help! because your IMEI! every time you call, every time you send a text! your # appears and tell what phone you are using!

Next time! do like I do! Buy one unloked! becuase they are worth the $$$$$ you all that stupid **** people love doing!
    Anyone else have have a hard time understanding he above post?

And do you really think you get charged for sms and mms because it was being abused? it's not a punishment for abusing, it's just a way to make money. one of those necessary evils in the world.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

if you want that bad to use mms/tether move to canada,france or spain! Because they been having the service since last week!
    lmao

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Somebody needs a course in business 101. Txt and mms is just another way they make money. Wow nothing like opening your mouth (or typing on keyboard) to let people know just how smart you really are or not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    So how do you really feel?
    Seriously! I don't care much for MMS or texting! actually I do like to use a cell phone as much as all the rest, to me the only thing I like about it is how much money I make of from it!

But what get's me its that they have told every one, MMs wont be ready until? and no matter what people tried, some of them with luck other, they just keep trying! now they ***** about the service, Knowing that ATT will take a little while to have it working! My girlfriend, she works for ATT and she is ******** about it! so change phones that's my answer to her! but she says since my iphone is not with att I have the features! too F bad! I don't even used it!

I'm just tired of reading this and that! you bought a cell from ATT you are out of luck! you want the freedom of doing what ever you want, should have bought and Unlocked one!

Are we that sick that our life depends on Sending MMS or receiving it? is it necessary in our daily life?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I feel its pretty reasonable people are wanting to use a feature of these phones that was advertised and used as a major selling point for them. Every thread on this forum is pretty well labeled and if you are tired of reading about people trying to get mms working then simply don't click it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously! I don't care much for MMS or texting! actually I do like to use a cell phone as much as all the rest, to me the only thing I like about it is how much money I make of from it!

But what get's me its that they have told every one, MMs wont be ready until? and no matter what people tried, some of them with luck other, they just keep trying! now they ***** about the service, Knowing that ATT will take a little while to have it working! My girlfriend, she works for ATT and she is ******** about it! so change phones that's my answer to her! but she says since my iphone is not with att I have the features! too F bad! I don't even used it!

I'm just tired of reading this and that! you bought a cell from ATT you are out of luck! you want the freedom of doing what ever you want, should have bought and Unlocked one!

Are we that sick that our life depends on Sending MMS or receiving it? is it necessary in our daily life?
    Who gives a crap if it's something you don't use. People don't spend $200-300 on phones based on what gordo2150 uses or not.

To each their own, and a lot of people want/will use MMS.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to imirish02 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (07-21-2009)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast