+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS on iphone 3Gs by sales rep.

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
They should have spend 850.00 for and unlocked phone and they would not be ******** about it so much! and trust me people would paid more than that just to
    Green Apple
    Thanks

They should have spend 850.00 for and unlocked phone and they would not be ******** about it so much!

and trust me people would paid more than that just to have a cell phone! they are like cell-phone crack-heads they can't live with out one! they'll die ! LOL just to show you how attached they are to a simple MMS/SMS, just like a crack-heade of a junkie!

it's all good! they spend the $$$$$$$, I keep loving it!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

If you are so tired of reading about it, then why in the hell are you posting in this thread. You should be ignoring it all together. That's just stupid! What I hate, is when people who don't use or like a service, ***** about other people who are trying to use or get a service.

I don't read or ***** about people who are trying to get Sling over 3G. It is a service that others enjoy, even with the same carrier, but not on the iPhone. But that service is important to others. This is no different.

Do everyone here a favor, if you don't like the subject, or have nothing constructive to add, then just stay the **** out of the thread!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

JustinPizzle (07-21-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustinPizzle View Post
    it is stupid. ATT should have had all this up and ready by the launch of the 3.0. and even by the 3GS,
    but nothing at all. pisses me off.

(my MMS is still working flawlessly)
    (so is tethering, but thats not a big deal lol)

they did it for me. granted i had to lie to them. but it took about 10-15 minutes on average and i had MMS.
    Let's delay the launch of a new product for one single feature that we were told wouldn't be included to start off with and thus screw up the entire Apple iPhone product cycle. Way to think this one through, my man; watch out guys, future CEO coming up here.

Maybe if people weren't going and making it happen on their own in the beta and after launch day we'd have it by now... (Obviously I don't believe this, but think about it).
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    Who's Fault it is? Both, as much as ATT, and the END USER(US) Why because we are always abusing certain features on our service, Who can remember that texting was almost free! you could send @ least over 100/200 and there were no charges! but WTF happened poeple abusing of it, and since texting is a data package. they had to charge us now. Sending MMS on t-mobile or verizon was fun! but now they charge too!

We are responsible for all this ****** problems! why because we can't wait for **** to happened. What is so important to send a MMS, or a God Damn video! what is so important for a persona to do tether, on a slow MTF line! the **** is like gong back to a dial up service! Please be for real! I paid for mines and the **** is fast. If you wantend to use certain features on an iphone you should have bought it UNLOCKED. Even the G1, t-mobile is so MTF slow and the **** is so $ home with ATT!

ATT might not be best! trust me is not! But it does wonders to my unlocked cell phones!

Stop ******** about this and That! and just have patiences! that all you need! and if you want that bad to USE MMS/TETHER Move to Canada,France or Spain! because they been having the service since last week!

We are the One to BLame! because were so MTF spoiled **** heads! you want MMS, get a regular phone! with the new Updates! the **** will hit the Fan! Because all these F heads calling a service rep!

Why do we always seen to F everything else that is good?

JUST MTF WAIT! if you have and Locked phone! on this **** not even Ultrasn0w can help! because your IMEI! every time you call, every time you send a text! your # appears and tell what phone you are using!

Next time! do like I do! Buy one unloked! becuase they are worth the $$$$$ you all that stupid **** people love doing!
    Okay, one?
    its not our fault. its a basic model of supply and demand
    we want it, they do it, for a price.

your an idiot.
    id suggest to stop showing it.
    please use correct English.

i find it hard to decode you (***)s and various symbols
    thank you.
    i

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Let's delay the launch of a new product for one single feature that we were told wouldn't be included to start off with and thus screw up the entire Apple iPhone product cycle. Way to think this one through, my man; watch out guys, future CEO coming up here.

Maybe if people weren't going and making it happen on their own in the beta and after launch day we'd have it by now... (Obviously I don't believe this, but think about it).
    no. not delay the launch of the phone, but ATT should have been prepared

(kinda like all the Carries in all the other countries)
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

your an idiot.
    id suggest to stop showing it.
    please use correct English.
    Epic Fail. Well-played.

no. not delay the launch of the phone, but ATT should have been prepared

(kinda like all the Carries in all the other countries)
    ^To have been prepared, the product launch would have to have been delayed (you think they're not trying to prepare right now still? LOL), hence AT&T saying that it wouldn't be ready on launch.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 07-21-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    if you are so tired of reading about it, then why in the hell are you posting in this thread. You should be ignoring it all together. That's just stupid! What i hate, is when people who don't use or like a service, ***** about other people who are trying to use or get a service.

I don't read or ***** about people who are trying to get sling over 3g. It is a service that others enjoy, even with the same carrier, but not on the iphone. But that service is important to others. This is no different.

Do everyone here a favor, if you don't like the subject, or have nothing constructive to add, then just stay the **** out of the thread!
    +100000000

Epic Fail. Well-played.

^To have been prepared, the product launch would have to have been delayed (you think they're not trying to prepare right now still? LOL), hence AT&T saying that it wouldn't be ready on launch.
    thats grammar, and their contractions and not capitalized. big whoop. at least im not typing like this *** @@

and they need to be on top of things. still not being prepared is not an excuse for it in the first place

kid doesn't do his homework.
    teacher asks for the homework the next day.

"oh your not done yet? i guess ill give you an A"
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    I feel its pretty reasonable people are wanting to use a feature of these phones that was advertised and used as a major selling point for them. Every thread on this forum is pretty well labeled and if you are tired of reading about people trying to get mms working then simply don't click it?

Word....
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Word....
    I agree

Thanks

+100000000

thats grammar, and their contractions and not capitalized. big whoop. at least im not typing like this *** @@
    Pro-tip: There's a filter on MMi that blocks dirty words, it's not him typing 'like that'. On the other hand, don't correct grammar if you're not going to make any logical attempt at utilizing it in your own typing.

and they need to be on top of things. still not being prepared is not an excuse for it in the first place

kid doesn't do his homework.
    teacher asks for the homework the next day.

"oh your not done yet? i guess ill give you an A"
    You do realize the incredible strain on AT&T's servers when trying to opt-in more that 3 million people for MMS plans that previously didn't have them in a two-week period, right? Oh, yeah, a little different than not meeting a reasonable deadline, huh?
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

You do realize the incredible strain on AT&T's servers when trying to opt-in more that 3 million people for MMS plans that previously didn't have them in a two-week period, right? Oh, yeah, a little different than not meeting a reasonable deadline, huh?
    They should have started when they realized the 3.0 would be able to send MMS

not knowing the deadline would be even more of a push to seed up the action.

and yes, i can understand the strain. they had way more than two weeks.

i refuse to argue with you any longer. i started this thread for help, and i got what i wanted done with help from slidingmike
    (thanks to him btw)
    and now im trying to help anyone who wants the same thing.
    so if your gunna keep arguing about this, please leave.
    if you have anything to contribute please stay.
    your ruining the ModMyi environment
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

They should have started when they realized the 3.0 would be able to send MMS
    They did.

not knowing the deadline would be even more of a push to seed up the action.

and yes, i can understand the strain. they had way more than two weeks.

i refuse to argue with you any longer. i started this thread for help, and i got what i wanted done with help from slidingmike
    (thanks to him btw)
    and now im trying to help anyone who wants the same thing.
    so if your gunna keep arguing about this, please leave.
    if you have anything to contribute please stay.
    your ruining the ModMyi environment
    Really? Because I could have sworn toting about incorrect facts about the carrier that made this phone possible for you can't be "good for the environment". Point of my posts being: Don't bash things about which you have no correct, reliable information and then complain about them like you weren't told. Finis.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

They did.

Really? Because I could have sworn toting about incorrect facts about the carrier that made this phone possible for you can't be "good for the environment". Point of my posts being: Don't bash things about which you have no correct, reliable information and then complain about them like you weren't told. Finis.
    I apologize. I shouldn't have argued with you. Can we stop littering the thread please.

Thanks

I apologize. I shouldn't have argued with you. Can we stop littering the thread please.
    Of course. My apologies for any uncouthness, I just can't stand when people throw out incorrect information.
    Respect your elders.

Green Apple
    Thanks

They Need that MMS Fix! or go to MMS re-hab LOL

it was crack on the 80's now is the MMS/SMS vice! LOL

Just imagine if any one was able to sell that fix! Dammn! making that Mula ($$$$$)

I have never seen people so hooked into anything so bad! even in my shop they ask me the same Day by Day!

What about sending/receiving MMS?

No one cares about anything else but MSS/SMS nor Health insurance issues, our economy(where is going) , all those trouble spot's around the world! they just care for their ability to send a MMS/SMS

What America has come too! what a pity!

LOL just joking!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Pro-tip: There's a filter on MMi that blocks dirty words, it's not him typing 'like that'. On the other hand, don't correct grammar if you're not going to make any logical attempt at utilizing it in your own typing.

You are kidding right? I am not going to get into a pissing match here, but seriously? You are really going to tell me that AT&T can't handle MMS for a few million customers? Or that it is an incredible strain on their system to "opt in" their iPhone customers? Really. They have millions more that are capable of creating just as much strain on their system with blackberries, but I don't see them being restricted. I don't see then cutting out Internet, tethering, MMS, or any other service forthat matter. I don't see any restrictions on adding things like XM radio, or GPS. No limits on watching tv in any other capable phones on their network.

Do you honestly believe that it is straining their system to activate this simple function, that puts less of a strain than web surfing, emailing, or streaming radio all day long? Do you believe that they can create a tool that sweeps iPhone accounts, and fixes incorrect settings (hence the loss of mms for those who get it working), a tool to prevent us from actually getting MMS, but making a tool to activate it for us is just too much strain?

Do you actually believe that they only had two weeks to make it work before the 3.0 update came out? So they are sooo inept, that they had no clue that this feature was coming?

I just can't not respond to that. I SCREAM BULL$HIT!!! While the iPhone does account for a large part of their customer base, it by no means is the bulk of it. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this simple function. I mean it's not even available on ALL of those iPhones (even though they are all capable). So please don't band wagon these bull$hit excuses. They are about as believable as Apple telling us that the first gen iPhone is capable of text, email (with pictures),wifi, Twitter, IM (again with pictures), stream radio, stream movies(Orb Live), tell me where my friends are(Looped I believe), tell me where I can find Chinese food, the cheapest gas, read books, buy music,movies,apps,movie tickets, and countless other functions, but it is incapable of sending and recieving a simple picture with a text.

Yeah, you go on with that story.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

If this thread continues to be a pissing match....it will be closed.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Blackbass (07-21-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    You are kidding right? I am not going to get into a pissing match here, but seriously? You are really going to tell me that AT&T can't handle MMS for a few million customers? Or that it is an incredible strain on their system to "opt in" their iPhone customers? Really. They have millions more that are capable of creating just as much strain on their system with blackberries, but I don't see them being restricted. I don't see then cutting out Internet, tethering, MMS, or any other service forthat matter. I don't see any restrictions on adding things like XM radio, or GPS. No limits on watching tv in any other capable phones on their network.

Do you honestly believe that it is straining their system to activate this simple function, that puts less of a strain than web surfing, emailing, or streaming radio all day long? Do you believe that they can create a tool that sweeps iPhone accounts, and fixes incorrect settings (hence the loss of mms for those who get it working), a tool to prevent us from actually getting MMS, but making a tool to activate it for us is just too much strain?

Do you actually believe that they only had two weeks to make it work before the 3.0 update came out? So they are sooo inept, that they had no clue that this feature was coming?

I just can't not respond to that. I SCREAM BULL!!! While the iPhone does account for a large part of their customer base, it by no means is the bulk of it. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this simple function. I mean it's not even available on ALL of those iPhones (even though they are all capable). So please don't band wagon these bull excuses. They are about as believable as Apple telling us that the first gen iPhone is capable of text, email (with pictures),wifi, Twitter, IM (again with pictures), stream radio, stream movies(Orb Live), tell me where my friends are(Looped I believe), tell me where I can find Chinese food, the cheapest gas, read books, buy music,movies,apps,movie tickets, and countless other functions, but it is incapable of sending and recieving a simple picture with a text.

Yeah, you go on with that story.
    lets stop arguing.
    if someone wants to know how i got MMS working, it still is btw
    emails aims are completely welcome

Of course. My apologies for any uncouthness, I just can't stand when people throw out incorrect information.
    what was incorrect? no disrespect, im just wondering lol
    id like to debate it with you instead of arguing blatantly
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If this thread continues to be a pissing match....it will be closed.
    ^+1

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just talked to a buddy of mine who works at an at&t store. He said almost every iphone customer that walks in the store complains about the iphone not having mms as advertised. Even he doesn't know when at&t will make it available. He got a jailbroken iphone but isn't crazy about swapping sim card or using similar tactics to get mms to work. He said that he has seen alot of iphone customers got flagged for using such tactics on their iphone. According to him, enable mms isnt even an option. Besides, every iphone account has an admin block on it that can only by remove by special CS people with the right permissions. And then, every so often, at&t sends special txt that reprovisions your iphone. Thats what happened to me one. I got a text from at&t with some weird script that doesnt show up in the history. afterward mms got disabled. So, it's back to waiting for the mms. or not. maybe at&t doesn't intend to make mms available. EVER.

Thanks

hmmm kinda freaky.

but mines still working. ill let you know if i get the weird script text

i believe its snooper.

and i had her turn that off.

soooo idk

im writing a new thread about how to get MMS. ill link when im done

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/67821...-att-july.html
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 07-21-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost