+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T data & jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS HELP

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
okay so here's the deal. we have AT&T already and pay for the basic unlimited data plan which is only $10 a month. we also have jailbroken iPhones [one 3G
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T data & jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS HELP
    okay so here's the deal.
    we have AT&T already and pay for the basic unlimited data plan which is only $10 a month.
    we also have jailbroken iPhones [one 3G & one 3GS] we have jailbroken and unlocked them both, but when we put our sim cards into them.. we can't access the internet, it pops up a message that say "unable to connect. you are not subscribed to a data package" .. but we ARE

this is the only time we've seen this problem. we had a jailbroken gen. 1 iPhone and once jailbroken, we could use the basic data package just fine.

we don't want to have to pay the extra $20 each to get a data plan that works...
    is there a hack or patch that we can install from cydia that will allow us to use our basic data plans????

please help!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Strange, my phones have been working from the get-go with the MediaNet service, (this is the only one compatible with the 2G/3G phones)

Question! are those ATT cell phones!

if so you need to rest your network settings. The way I look at it, is that I think you need to paid for the 15.00 MediaNet, since this one is actually 3G, the speed is 2100Mhz. I used it on mines with no problems, the 10.00 is more related to fist Gen and 2G phones.

Did you activated the 3GS with the original sim card?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes they are AT&T iPhones.. we have the 3G data plans just like you..
    and i have reset the network settings and it still says the same thing..

we got the phones from someone we know, and they were already activated with their original sim cards..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=gordo2150;4773731]Strange, my phones have been working from the get-go with the MediaNet service, (this is the only one compatible with the 2G/3G phones)

Question! are those ATT cell phones!

if so you need to rest your network settings. The way I look at it, is that I think you need to paid for the 15.00 MediaNet, since this one is actually 3G, the speed is 2100Mhz. I used it on mines with no problems, the 10.00 is more related to fist Gen and 2G phones.

you have a 3gs working under the 10.00 media net plan?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes I do have media net in One of my 3GS, the only diffrence is the speed it concets to the web, a little slower than the regular DATA, But it does work!

ANd trust the 10.00 deal only works great in any EDGE phone like the 1rst. gen, the 2G. you might need the MediaNEt service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordo2150 View Post
    yes I do have media net in One of my 3GS, the only diffrence is the speed it concets to the web, a little slower than the regular DATA, But it does work!

ANd trust the 10.00 deal only works great in any EDGE phone like the 1rst. gen, the 2G. you might need the MediaNEt service.
    i dont get how it worked for you it worked for me with my iphone 2g and 3g but it did not work for my 3gs i did it as the 30 dollar bundle the unlimited text and data for 30.00 which way did you do it i dont understand y it doesnt work for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured it out if you get tethering on your phone the 30.00 text and data bundle works

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazychaldo101 View Post
    i dont get how it worked for you it worked for me with my iphone 2g and 3g but it did not work for my 3gs i did it as the 30 dollar bundle the unlimited text and data for 30.00 which way did you do it i dont understand y it doesnt work for me
    My iPhone's are Unlocked, (3GS/With a LG incite service) (3G with a Samsung Service)

Your phone is locked to ATT due to the IMEI/NSE, your phone was bought through ATT or is part of ATT. even if you buy it from Ebay still locked to ATT.

Thanks
    you need to edit ur apn settings.

get a wifi connection and go to

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

from your phone and down load the settings.

it works!!!!

Thanks

Your apn settings should be

wap.cingular

everything else under cellular data should be blank. That should work with the $10 data plan, atleast it does for my cousin on his 3g.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I have similar problem. I also bought an iphone 3gs and jail break/unlocked it. I brought it to PK and here it also always say the you are not subscribed to the cellular data services. I have almost tried every thing. Any patch or upgrade etc. Thanks

Thanks

Sounds like you need the right carrier bundle for PK. (or)You could call them ask them for the APN, etc.. And manually enter these in the network settings. If you need help manually entering them just ask.

Just so everyone knows 2100mhz is the frequency/channel, not the speed of 3g.

Thanks

I jailbroke/unlocked my 3g however tmobile does not give away the 3g network. However they are now using it for the first time with the new sidekick. Does anyone know how I can get it on my phone ?

Thanks

You CAN NOT use 3g on t-moble they broadcast on a different frequency than AT&T an the iPhone does not use this frequency and can not recieve the tmoble signal for 3g. If you are on tmo then your stuck using edge.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

edaw33 (08-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    You CAN NOT use 3g on t-moble they broadcast on a different frequency than AT&T an the iPhone does not use this frequency and can not recieve the tmoble signal for 3g. If you are on tmo then your stuck using edge.
    LOL. Brad Swift, make sure you search. The questions has been asked a million times and now answered a million times.

Nice direct response by the way.

Thanks

I wasn't trying to be mean but trying to get threw to people. It's all over the tmo forum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm also a user with the $30 text/internet bundle.

A while back I changed my IMEI to a Razr and got the according rate plans (way cheaper), slapped my sim in the iPhone and everything works beautiful.

Thanks

When I changed mine to medianet account, my iPhone plans were 125-130$ with medianet/messaging unlimited my bill is exactly 87.02 every month. Been this way since november and it's never been more or less than that.

Also the 3gs works on $10 data plan as well as the medianet accounts. Personally tested on both types of accounts. The $10 data is edge only in my area even with 3g Signal it still connects to edge only. I could speculate why but I'd just be rambling.
    Last edited by A3gOwner; 08-07-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost