View Poll Results: Did this guide help?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes this helped alot and it worked!

    13 24.07%
  • No this did not work

    22 40.74%
  • Needs more info

    4 7.41%
  • No because i am to lazy to Call ATT

    15 27.78%
+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 93 of 93

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to get MMS Working (Guide)

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
90% then I get the red exclamation point. Maybe I just have to wait for August when ATT allows MMS on 3GS
...
  1. #81
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    90% then I get the red exclamation point. Maybe I just have to wait for August when ATT allows MMS on 3GS

  2. #82
    iPhoneaholic LSZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killeen, Texas, United States
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts

    This guide worked for me, thanks to phoenixfire425 for the MMS. The only thing i'd recommend, is to follow this guide first http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-tutorial.html

    After you've done this, google iphone ipcc 5.0 & install that via itunes 8.2. Once that is complete, you are ready to follow phoenix's "how to get MMS working" guide. Works 100% on my iphone 3G[S]. Thanks.

  3. #83
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    after tryin diff ipcc files floatin around the net. I finally got mine to work.

  4. #84
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    after tryin diff ipcc files floatin around the net. I finally got mine to work.
    Oh, that's nice.......so how 'bout you fill the rest of us in on which one worked?!

  5. #85
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default mms works on a 2g
    I downloaded a ipcc file off some site I searched in google first. Then I called AT&T and said my internet is not working will you resend all ota's? She did and it still did not work. I told her I used to have this problem and a tech told me they fixed it by clearing the vlr. She did it no problem and I rebooted and MMS works perfectly now. This is what I did back with swirly awhile back and it still works today. Just letting everyone know what I did. Btw I have a 2g 8gb iphone, which isn't even supposed to have the capability!

  6. #86
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have a 32GB IPhone 3GS and I have MMS working, and have tested both receiving and sending photos & videos. And yes, Visual Voicemail is working as well as Internet Tethering.

    I called AT&T 2 times. The first time I asked them to change my text plan to a regular one so I can use my other AT&T phone and she said that it would disable my visual voicemail, and that if I wanted to switch back to the iphone, I'd have to call back and have them switch it over again.

    The second time, I called and pretended my internet didn't work, like the post above me suggested. The lady laughed at me when I asked her to send Over the Air activations and when I asked her to clear or reset my VLR(Visitor Location Register), and she proceded to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.

    So anyways, here is how I got it working.

    First, I loaded the ipcc file as per the directions previously stated in this thread. I input all the correct information (voicemail is acds.voicemail).

    Then I did the following:

    1. get another att phone that is MMS capable. (I borrowed my uncle's Nokia).
    2. place sim in that phone. Make a call.
    3. Log onto your att account (Online Account Manager) and change the device/phone to whatever phone you are using.
    4. Now go to features and change the txt'ing plan from iphone txt to just regular txt (at whatever price point you want). DO NOT TOUCH THE DATA PLAN. (if no regular text option is there then do #5 and log back in)
    5. Now log onto medianet on the phone (no charges as long as you have some data plan). It may take a few tries and some time but eventually it'll log in.
    6. It may be a good idea to try and send an MMS on this phone until you get one that goes through.
    7. In OLAM change the phone from whatever you have back to iphone. click ok and log off.
    8. Put sim back in iphone and start her up.

    Hopet his helps.

  7. #87
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ....
    Quote Originally Posted by drrusa View Post
    I have a 32GB IPhone 3GS and I have MMS working, and have tested both receiving and sending photos & videos. And yes, Visual Voicemail is working as well as Internet Tethering.

    I called AT&T 2 times. The first time I asked them to change my text plan to a regular one so I can use my other AT&T phone and she said that it would disable my visual voicemail, and that if I wanted to switch back to the iphone, I'd have to call back and have them switch it over again.

    The second time, I called and pretended my internet didn't work, like the post above me suggested. The lady laughed at me when I asked her to send Over the Air activations and when I asked her to clear or reset my VLR(Visitor Location Register), and she proceded to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.

    So anyways, here is how I got it working.

    First, I loaded the ipcc file as per the directions previously stated in this thread. I input all the correct information (voicemail is acds.voicemail).

    Then I did the following:




    1. get another att phone that is MMS capable. (I borrowed my uncle's Nokia).
    2. place sim in that phone. Make a call.
    3. Log onto your att account (Online Account Manager) and change the device/phone to whatever phone you are using.
    4. Now go to features and change the txt'ing plan from iphone txt to just regular txt (at whatever price point you want). DO NOT TOUCH THE DATA PLAN. (if no regular text option is there then do #5 and log back in)
    5. Now log onto medianet on the phone (no charges as long as you have some data plan). It may take a few tries and some time but eventually it'll log in.
    6. It may be a good idea to try and send an MMS on this phone until you get one that goes through.
    7. In OLAM change the phone from whatever you have back to iphone. click ok and log off.
    8. Put sim back in iphone and start her up.

    Hopet his helps.
    Thanks for the write up buddy, worked for a good 10min then quit on me Did it all over again and it only worked for a good 2min

  8. #88
    Theme Modder besanford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    South Cack.
    Posts
    1,177
    Thanks
    4,463
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 699 Posts

    I'm running windows 7 and iTunes is only showing .ipsw files no .ipcc could it be because its 7 and not Vista or XP?

  9. #89
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTurtle View Post
    Thanks for the write up buddy, worked for a good 10min then quit on me Did it all over again and it only worked for a good 2min
    Damn, that sucks. Mine is still working...I've rebooted my phone several times, even did 2 restores to get the IBSS IBEC files.

    I'll tell ya one weird thing...my carrier version says 4.0 now.

    Either way, MMS is still working. I've sent multiple videos & photos today.

  10. #90
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default How many on 3GS are working?
    How many with a 3GS have MMS working? It was working great with my 3G but my company bought me a 3GS, now I cant get MMS to work.. I have the IPCC file loaded and show the 5.0 profile on my phone.. Can someone post the network settings that are confirmed working?

  11. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin Louisiana
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    No need to do all the benm stuff: Simply do this: WINDOWS ONLY!!!

    This works with the lates iTunes version:



    1. Download the ipcc file from here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    2. Once you have the ipcc file, then open up a command prompt and copy/paste
    This code "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    and hit enter. Note: the code starts at " and ends with 1
    3. Now open up iTunes select your device; then hold shift and hit update.
    4. Now navigate to the place you downloaded the ipcc file.
    5. You'll have to hit the drop down box to select files of type...ipcc.
    6. Once you selected the file, it will update your carrier settings to att 5.0.
    7. Reboot your phone.
    8. Now go see if you have the camera option in your text message app.
    9. Now, if its there, then you did it right; then proceed...
    10. Now take your SIM card out of your iPhone and put it in another ATT phone.
    11. Once in the other phone, make a couple of phone calls, wait 3-5 mins.
    12. Now go here: https://mymedianet.wireless.att.com/app/MC/Login.aspx
    13. Now that your on the att media net site, enter your phone number and hit submit.
    14. You should then be directed to another media net page where you'll be asked to enter a four digit code that was texted to your phone, if you get the error stating that your phone is not compatible or something similar to that, then make another phone call or two and repeat from step 12.

    15. Now assuming that you received the 4 digit code on your att phone *not iphone*
    Type the 4 digit code into the place available on the media net site.
    16. Once you've entered the 4 digit code and submitted it on the site; send yourself a mms and make sure you receive it before going to the next step.

    17. Now assuming you received the mms, which you should have; take your sim out of the att phone and put it in your iPhone.
    18. Now reboot your phone and you should now, as I have, the ability to send and receive mms.

    If after a few mms's you lose the ability to send/receive them; simply repeat steps 10-18. I had to do it once after the original time; but have been running flawless since.

    Hope this helps!

    REMEMBER!!!

    I think in order for this to work, you'll have to have a NON IPHONE TEXT MESSAGING PLAN!!! I have the ATT Unlimited Family Text Messaging Plan. I tried this same method on my brothers phone 3GS and he has the iphone text messaging plan, it did not work. My son has a 3G on my plan, and this process worked for him as well.

    Hope I've been able to help!

    Chris
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 07-28-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

  12. #92
    Theme Creator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of confusion
    Posts
    1,144
    Thanks
    514
    Thanked 645 Times in 424 Posts

    Yeah, didn't work for me. Not all that important, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.

  13. #93
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My MMS has been working since the 4th when I firt swapped SIM's and changed my text plan.

    on another note, I tried doing the sim swap on my uncle's brand new IPhone 3G 8GB, and I could never access Medianet on the other AT&T using his SIM card. I called AT&T, and the representative tried everything humanly possible to get Medianet to work on the account, but the SIM card simply would not log on to Medianet. I kept getting the error "no server access"

    Just curious if anyone else had experienced this? The SIM card from my 3GS never gave me any trouble...worked perfectly fine. The SIM card from his 3G was never able to even access Medianet. Needless to say, we never got MMS working on his phone.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts