+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone work for AT&T?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys I just had an interview for a AT&T store in my area. From the looks of it, I am gonna get the job. Can anyone who works/worked for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Anyone work for AT&T?
    Hey guys I just had an interview for a AT&T store in my area. From the looks of it, I am gonna get the job. Can anyone who works/worked for AT&T tell me how it is? Pay? Employee plan? Any info would help....thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trupimp714 View Post
    Hey guys I just had an interview for a AT&T store in my area. From the looks of it, I am gonna get the job. Can anyone who works/worked for AT&T tell me how it is? Pay? Employee plan? Any info would help....thanks
    They didn't tell you any of that in the interview?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I work for at&t in the panhandle of florida. i've been with the company for 1 yr 11 months and i love it. it's probably the best company out right now. at&t might not have to coolest commercials but the service is awesome handsdown. the pay is decent as well as the commission. if you do it part time your commission might not be all that great but it will get your foot in the door. i have full benefits (medical and dental). they also give you a COU line (company owned unit) with unlimited everything. my store gave all the reps one PDA device to demo customers. if you want service through at&t they offer employees after 90 days of employement an ERP line ( employee rate plan) which you can choose from 2 lines...a 1000 minutes plan and a 500 minute plan then you can add text, internet, nights and weekends etc. but over all it's pretty fun just as long as you got a cool manager and the reps are cool. i lucked out and got both.
    Last edited by Altezza01; 09-20-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    my name is jesse and my cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. leave a voicemail if i dont answer and i'll get back to you.
    you are a brave man my friend
    Last edited by .:MirrorminD:.; 09-28-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Edited out phone number

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

haha for real i work for att as well, but def would never give out my number....people will hararass the hell out of you :P
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how much were you guys making working full-time, if you dont mind me asking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well hourly when i started i was making $8.81 per hour then you get an annual raise so now i make $9.24 per hour. they take alot of taxes out. they take about $300-350 out bi-weekly and about $500-600 every commission check which you get those the last friday of every month. but after my medical and dental taken out, and an extra 15% for taxes, 6% for 401K, and after all the taxes they take out i still make $2200-2400 take home per month. and also theres a program that at&t has called cingular rewards. basically you can accumulate reward points by acheiving your goals and winning contests at your retail store. when you get enough points you can purchase items from a website they provide us. everything you can find on amazon.com you can find on this site. like i ordered a complete micro suede comforter set for my bed, a ps3 controller, and HDMI cables. i basically got these for free for doing my job. and i also won the razr wires which are the oakley sunglasses with the clip on bluetooth ear piece which cost $300. and i also won a jawbone bluetooth which was $120. so there are alot of competitions for things. i'm telling you it's a nice job to have....you stay in the A/C, click a mouse and put phones together and get paid. can't beat that.

also i'm full time
    Last edited by Altezza01; 09-20-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

agree, even though i work at a authorized store...we have same things, i make 75% commission and base salary 300 a week...plus contest...right now we are having a blackberry curve contest..whoever sells the most gets a free blackberry curve..i love it for a authorized store..i feel im not needed to push hard but i still do...good luck
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I was thinking about applying at AT&T soon, Ill be 18 in November, so idk ill see how it goes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    after 2 interviews...i have my FINAL interview tomorrow with the regional sales manager and corp head qrts out here!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good luck!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    FINALLY I WAS OFFERED THE JOB!!! I got a call from staffing at ATT corp last night, and I was offered a part-time sales position. I was told I would be paid $11/hr + commission. Is this any good? Also I guess part timers are elegible for benefits, anyone if they are any good? I was told I would be working 30+ hours a week. Reason for not going full time was becuase I am in school till noon. Any tips?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default You poor people.I wright from personal experience.Please be Advised:StayAwayfromAT&T
    Congrats<< You are now AT&T's B!T#C!!! Enjoy not knowing when your next time off is do to the fact that the f*€king upper management don't give a **** about you or you life after work. Meaning, for those whom have families.. Wives (speaking from experience) will never know when dinner should be ready.. Or when to plan family trips or ANYTHING for that matter! So..yes.. By all means... Be happy!! Or as least do what most of the hardworking Att Slaves have to so and get HAPPY PILLS.. just to get through day!! Between dealing with complete morons, and old folks who can't learn any thing new for **** and don't even get me started on the Cat infested-piss soaked floors that ..yes.. You'll now have to kneel & crawl in all day with.. that happy to do it sir.. smile on your face.. Then take that smell into your car with you and to your home!! And you can forget about using your sick/personal days (PTO) cux...you wont get them and it is perfactiy legal.. AT&T states that the system is broken and will be for a long time. Meaning: you cannot take time off if you still want to be employed..,.so pretty much you work hard all day 6 days min.. And 12-15 hrs a day min. in the gunk and make them the $$$ so they can chew the gum of success and just to spit it on their Tectnitions (uvirs cable installers aka employees) like a piece of trash! Because that is how the uncaring-ungrateful SOB upper management sees them/us. Trash! that can be used and used then desposed of (let go) ..when we get too sick, or too tired of the BS, or FMLA, or time when a family member passes cuz they don't give a flying tird about your family's!! So...... YippyYaya!!! You got a job with AT&T .... Enjoy your first drive to work and possibly the first day or two .. But don't be fooled, and hear this ... 10 men that worked at my husbands gradge have either gotten layed off due to the stress putting them into the hospital, or too sick and needed to go to the MD for check up.. And .. Yes.. One man even had a heart attack from the stress of working there 11 years.. so all-in-all.. Be warned.. Don't fall for the sugar coated crap upper management feed you! And those who will say..."Well...it's a job...". Because, when you sign with AT&T .. Your also signing away any free time and family time. THINK ABOUT IT!
    -2ya
    Good luck! You'll need that and so much more if you take the job.
    Last edited by Spank2yal; 05-14-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Not finnished

Thanks
    ^ no need to be some mad and hating to AT&T its what you make of the job, some love it some hate it. same goes for every place. Some hate Wal-Mart where i work but i love it, it's amazing best job hands down but everyone gives it a bad rap. Use your own judgement and go for it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I inquired at my local AT&T store and they said all hiring was done on line now.. you have to apply on line, then the process bigins. sounds like a whole lot of "Blue tape BS) to me..

Thanks

How bout you AT&T employees in here explain this tethering/unlimited data war?? Hmmmm?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,205 Posts

Whats there to explain? I am an att rep as well

PS i love my job i make more money then most people doing yes the hours arent the best but hell i am 21 and finding a job that pays half of what i make with out a degree is almost impossible unless you know somebody or you developed something like fb
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Whats there to explain? I am an att rep as well

PS i love my job i make more money then most people doing yes the hours arent the best but hell i am 21 and finding a job that pays half of what i make with out a degree is almost impossible unless you know somebody or you developed something like fb
    Oh there is a lot question you could answer.

1. Any att employees spying on these forums?
    2. Any of them monitoring the tethering discussion?
    3. Any of them sending tips to the company?
    3. Att tell you how to handle jailbroken phones?

I could go on....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Even if they were spying on this thread or if Apple was then how would the connect the member name here to a actual person's account?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ICydiaify's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trupimp714 View Post
    FINALLY I WAS OFFERED THE JOB!!! I got a call from staffing at ATT corp last night, and I was offered a part-time sales position. I was told I would be paid $11/hr + commission. Is this any good? Also I guess part timers are elegible for benefits, anyone if they are any good? I was told I would be working 30+ hours a week. Reason for not going full time was becuase I am in school till noon. Any tips?
    Corgrats on your new job
    Now you will be able to get exclusive offers on phones get the iPhone 4