+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading and downgrading to 3.0

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I told my friend that I could help him get 3.0. I downloaded it for him and talked to a developer all set. We went to update but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Upgrading and downgrading to 3.0
    Ok so I told my friend that I could help him get 3.0. I downloaded it for him and talked to a developer all set. We went to update but my developer friend forgot to put his UDID in. After trying to upgrade basicly bricked his phone saying he needed to pay for a developer account. So I contacted the developer and he said he would do it. Meanwhile my friend wanted his phone back to original 2.2.1. So I tried to roll it back. Of course as you know if you try and roll it back it freaks and you have to use quickpwn to do it. Well now he wants to update again. When i try and install 3.0 and error comes up and says an unknown error has occured (10). I wasn't able to install 3.0 so we put him back to 2.2.1. I have 2 questions. Will he have any problems when the actual release comes out? How can I get him to 3.0?

Thanks again I love these forums because all of you rock.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

The phone needs to be in DFU mode a black screen. And you should be able to installed 3.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok so not in the usb recovery mode or whatever. Not when it says the itunes logo and the ipod cable. How do i get it into dfu mode?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts