+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: void 4.5mb edge network use?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just recently got a sim for my iphone with just phone and not texting and no data plan whatsoever... just like regular phone... I accidentally used 4.5mb recieved data
    Thanks

Default void 4.5mb edge network use?
    I just recently got a sim for my iphone with just phone and not texting and no data plan whatsoever... just like regular phone... I accidentally used 4.5mb recieved data and sent like 100 some kb when downloading on cydia and didn't know i was on wifi... anyone have ways around to tell ATT that to void the 45 dollar charge? and like say I never used the edge network? my parents will get pissed... help

Thanks

What you need to do is have AT&T block all data to/from the phone. Just call 611 and tell them that you thought that there was no data, and if it could be waived. To help with your case tell them that you want all data blocked. Tell them that you don't need it as you use WiFi only. Just keep in mind that they don't have to reverse the fees, but they probably will.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    What you need to do is have AT&T block all data to/from the phone. Just call 611 and tell them that you thought that there was no data, and if it could be waived. To help with your case tell them that you want all data blocked. Tell them that you don't need it as you use WiFi only. Just keep in mind that they don't have to reverse the fees, but they probably will.
    well the time i got my sim... we told them that... I think it should be there fault

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

If your nice about it they should help you out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mashimarowu View Post
    well the time i got my sim... we told them that... I think it should be there fault
    If you already told them to block data, then it is their fault, and not yours. They did that to my old lady's phone too. I called to block all data, they supposedly did. But they didn't. After receiving a bill for an extra $120, I called and was pretty pissed off, and they reversed it promptly.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix