+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SideKick Question

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I know that this is not a SideKick forum, but I know that there are a lot of people on here who may know about other things than
    Thanks

Default SideKick Question
    Hey guys, I know that this is not a SideKick forum, but I know that there are a lot of people on here who may know about other things than the iPhone.

My question:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to get a T-Mobile SideKick LX working (with internet) on AT&T? And if so, how?

I know that there are all sorts of tutorials out there about unlocking it, but from what I have been reading, a simple unlock will only provide you with text and phone service.

Some people mentioned that once it is unlocked you can bring it to an AT&T store (others said only private stores would do this), and they would change the internet settings so that it would work on AT&T's internet.

If anyone can verify any of this, or has any additional information it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's unlikely AT&T can get data to work on an unlocked SK. It doesn't seem to allow modifiable APN settings.

It's been mentioned in the forum linked below that even an unlocked US Sidekick will not work with SK service in UK, probably because of the lack of modifiable APN settings.

Also, Danger-provided servers are used for data backup, user info and proxies, and they might be carrier-locked.
    So even if you can manage to get to get AT&T's APN settings in the device, it may not get a connection to the needed servers.

Here's a forum that might be of more use to you, I'd suggest asking there IMO: