+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Husband Wants To Change To Att Business Plan And Add Me To It

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My husband has Nextel and I B--ch at him all of the time because of all of the dropped calls and he has to even go outside to talk on
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Question Husband Wants To Change To Att Business Plan And Add Me To It
    My husband has Nextel and I B--ch at him all of the time because of all of the dropped calls and he has to even go outside to talk on his phone at home. I would never in my life use Nextel! They are just awful but all of his business partners would use the two way talking or walkie talkie part of the phone...

I told him to just dump the darn phone and forget it all because of the problems with Nextel..... every time he calls me his phone drops our call... when he calls back I tell him nice ******** phone! I get so frustrated with his phone and tell him that I would be down Nextel's throat screaming my guts out at them for that type of service!

Anyway he is thinking about changing to Att..... (he is finally getting fed up with Nextel) We have a business and since all of the phones and internet at our business are on Att and I am on Att he thought he would join me...

So my question is this... I went into my account and it says I am illegible for upgrade July 23rd that would be one year from the time when I bought my 3G. The gal I talk to told me that it should be two years before I am illegible and not one.....

I told my husband that if he goes to Att and adds me to his business account then he better not mess up my account because I am afraid I will not be able to upgrade every year if they come out with a new iphone....

The lady that I talked to told me that he can add me to the business account... but what I am worried about is will it make it to where I can not upgrade every year if they come out with a new phone?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

AT&T upgrade rules are so weird and vague. I bought two 3Gs on launch day and both lines show they are eligible for upgrades.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

me and my wife also have iphones mine is the 3g and hers is a 2g and they both say eligible as well Ive only had the 3g for like a month.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

^its great when it doesnt update in their system

Thanks

I just want to be able to upgrade every year if they come out with a new one..... I know I could but would have to pay full price for it... but want to be able to get the new one at the discounted rate like I did my 3G.....

I just don't trust Att as far as their rules go..... they are always changing them......and I don't know how the a business account goes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    AT&T upgrade rules are so weird and vague. I bought two 3Gs on launch day and both lines show they are eligible for upgrades.
    Not really. iPhones have a different standard since they're a premium product and are revised so often. Most of AT&T's other phones have the standard two year waiting period for a full upgrade, same as the contract length. Not difficult.

Any AT&T customer with an iPhone and in good standing will ALWAYS be able to upgrade to another iPhone, no matter when it is released.
    Respect your elders.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    Not really. iPhones have a different standard since they're a premium product and are revised so often. Most of AT&T's other phones have the standard two year waiting period for a full upgrade, same as the contract length. Not difficult.

Any AT&T customer with an iPhone and in good standing will ALWAYS be able to upgrade to another iPhone, no matter when it is released.
    My account doesn't say that I am eligible to upgrade to an iphone. It says I am eligible to upgrade to any phone I want.

Thanks

Well as soon as they send me a email message to view my bill I pay it right away.... so I always pay it about two weeks in advance......

Thanks

My account doesn't say that I am eligible to upgrade to an iphone. It says I am eligible to upgrade to any phone I want.
    k?

Then you're eligible for a regular upgrade as well... Not that difficult to comprehend.
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

k?
    Then you're eligible for a regular upgrade as well... Not that difficult to comprehend.
    That's right.

If you already have an iPhone 3g in your account, then you will not see an upgrade option for another iPhone 3g.
    However, when the new iPhone comes out, I believe AT&T will offer them with a discounted price to a current iPhone 3G owner. You should see the message in your account upgrade option.

Thanks

k?

What part of my post are you not understanding? If I bought a new phone this past summer then I should not be eligible for an upgrade. I know that AT&T will do what they did last time and allow current iphone users to upgrade to the new iphone.

How does that ignore feature work?

Here is a copy of the AT&T policy for you:

Not all Cingular/AT&T customers may qualify for a cell phone upgrade. At this time, AT&T Mobility allows these customers to upgrade with no upgrade fee when they commit to a new 2-year contract:

* AT&T customers who have had 24 months of cell phone service since activation of their cell phone or since their last phone upgrade.

Certain AT&T customers may be eligible for a cell phone upgrade even if they have been in their current plan for less than two years (24 months), if they commit to a new 2-year contract and meet these eligibility requirements:

* Customer has had a standard calling plan plus data services costing at least $68.99 a month but no more than $98.99 a month, and who has been in contract (and not had a phone upgrade) for 21 months or more,
    or
    * Customer has had a standard calling plan plus data services costing $99 a month or more, and who has been in contract (and not upgraded) in the last 12 months.

A customer with a calling plan and data services of less than $69 who is 21 to 23 months into contract may upgrade for a fee and a commitment of an additional two-year service contract extension. No upgrade fee is assessed for any customers who are on a month-to-month agreement.