+ Reply
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well, I would love to try tethering, but I can't even get past to turning it on. I installed the ATT_US file and reset phone, twice. Then clicked on settings.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I would love to try tethering, but I can't even get past to turning it on.

I installed the ATT_US file and reset phone, twice. Then clicked on settings. It opens but before stuff shows, it closes. I can't get into my settings now.

Fix for this? Thanks you.

Nevermind. It decided to work. Thanks!
    Last edited by jerrylilly; 04-16-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

theres 2 payloads in that carrier u want us to download. witch one is for tethering? 1 or 2?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Mine has been going strong for three weeks. Sucks that AT&T are being such jack***s about this. I agree to call close to closing hours or first thing in the morning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

We deffinatly need an inside man now, but i was thinkng about calling saying that i developing an app that uses MMS also(although i couldnt make an app for my life :P) but now that i no someone else did it and it worked i think i will

Thanks

That's what I said

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually went as far as to have someone try to enable it for me, but they informed me that they literally could not do it if they wanted it. They went into Snooper to enable the MMS and it was blocked out.

Thanks

They are full of it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

haha you did it

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

well i have been at this for about 3 weeks with no luck i have called att i dont know how many times they kept tellin me they couldnt do it so i had given up then just for giggles i tryed the old sim card swap and it took awhile and it worked i had done this with swirly a lond time ago and got it to work for about 6 months and then it stopped and i couldnt get it to work anymore so i guess i will see how long this last i had it workin this way a couple times but as soon as i made a call or recived one it would stop so i wiil cross my fingers and pray to the iphone gods that it keeps working

well i recived a phone call and sure enough it stoped then i tryed again and it sent and recived a couple more and the really weird thing is i recived one from 2 days ago so beats me why it works but it is for now so guess we will see for how long
    Last edited by jjr3211; 04-22-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I dont want to come off as an ahole but I have noticed if you talk to a woman at AT&T, she either doesn't know how to do it or she isn't willing to bend the rules. Not saying that you will have great success with guys but they seem more willing to try it out. When I call and I here a woman on the other line, I just hang up and call back. Flame away!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

would have to agree with you the first time i called i got a verry nice lady on the phone and she said sure no prob i can enable mms for you and it did not work

well my mms stoped working again i have just about had it with att and their horse***t i called again this time the woman wouldn't evean talk to me transfered me stright to apple support who told me that att dose not have the iphone acounts set up to be able to mms it is somthing that wont be ready till june so now what?
    Last edited by jjr3211; 04-22-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

a lady did mine its been working 3-4 weeks now

Thanks

any ideas what would be a good time to call

Thanks

ok so if it isnt ready yet when is it gonna be ready? on att's end that is. I mean are they gonna wait till the last minute and then do what ever it is they have to do or are the gonna be assholes about it and not let us use it? I mean come on! If it is available from apple then **** att make it available on your end and quit being a massive douche bag.

i feel better now

Thanks

yea thats pretty much how i feel

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

only time will tell *shrug*

Thanks

called talked to first level support. he enabled mms, restarted phone. still no dice. so he transferred me.... i knew this would be hell... sure enough, nope. he said the iphone and att doesnt support wap push right now.... i was like lol sure bud. i had it working earlier in the day and i restarted my phone then it stopped working lol.... idk anymore

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine stop working on Monday and Tuesday I couldn't even send sms. Damn at&t!!

Thanks

i dont understand the big deal honestly

Thanks

Well my MMS worked great for 4 weeks and now its gone...

I guess I messed around with my carrier settings a little too much yesterday and last night they shut it down. After posting the updated ipcc file for everyone, I started to play around with the cellular data settings screen further. I got it to the point where you can edit your carrier settings, mms settings, apn settings, carrier images, all kinds of crazy stuff, and was about to post it when I realized I had been cut off.

It was too late to talk to level two tech support so I decided to try the old swim swapping trick. I could access media net from my old phone but when I went to send a MMS, it said user barred from network!

I called the level two tech support this morning and was told the same old song and dance that the iphone can not be provisioned for MMS even if I was a dev. They said further more that my account had been red flagged and now when I call the person immediately ask if I am calling about MMS provisioning.

I talked to a tech manager and he told me that they received a memo from Apple today that no iphone should be enabled with WAP Push, MMS, or any other provisioning not stated in original contract. He went on further to say that they will be doing a sweep blitz over the next few weeks to rid the system of people who have gotten it provisioned.

Well I waited 18 months for MMS, whats another 2?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post: