+ Reply
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright guys, I would like some major help with mms. I can't get it to work to save my life. This is the settings that I have from the sinful
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alright guys, I would like some major help with mms. I can't get it to work to save my life. This is the settings that I have from the sinful repo:

Not even the stealth 6.0 ipcc work for me. Any idea anybody?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottuf View Post
    that's awesome! waiting patiently for you to perfect it and post it
    ok, since posting this the commcenter hack was published and i have tethering setup with that. still curious though if that is what StealthBravo had in his AT&T 6.5 ipcc, or if he found another method to get tethering to work.

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    So native tethering works with this: adf.ly, but if you're using Stealth's 6.0 IPCC, watch out! Your internet will randomly cut out at the worst possible times. Use the official 5.6 IPCC.
    I didn't thing the official 5.6 enabled the Internet Tethering switch. Does it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi StealthBravo I was just wondering if it's safe to use this ATT US STEALTH 6.0 on a jailbroken 3gs using 3.0.1 to get MMS and Tethering working together. Or maybe you can tell me if there's a better way of making these two work together. I'm hesitant because I read in another post that some ipcc's could update the baseband and of course I don't want to do that so I can keep my phone j/b/. Thank you for your help

Is the att us stealth 6.0 ipcc still good? I have a j/b sim unlocked iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. I'm trying to get both mms & tethering working together. Thank you
    Last edited by jerry305; 11-04-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
    Hi StealthBravo I was just wondering if it's safe to use this ATT US STEALTH 6.0 on a jailbroken 3gs using 3.0.1 to get MMS and Tethering working together. Or maybe you can tell me if there's a better way of making these two work together. I'm hesitant because I read in another post that some ipcc's could update the baseband and of course I don't want to do that so I can keep my phone j/b/. Thank you for your help

Is the att us stealth 6.0 ipcc still good? I have a j/b sim unlocked iphone 3gs with 3.0.1. I'm trying to get both mms & tethering working together. Thank you
    If you already have both working, then you don't need the 6.0.

I can't believe you're sitll on 3.0.1!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No I don't have mms & tethering working. I was wondering if the att us stealth 6.0 is still working. Also, I don't want to lose my sin unlock. Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

ipccs will not update your baseband. 6.0 will enable tethering and MMS for 3.01.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

jerry305 (11-04-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

You can update to 3.1.2. and use blackra1n+blacksn0w to get yourself unlocked. Way easier and safer than before. And the tethering patch is built-in.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was reading the devteam website and they say not to upgrade to 3.1 because of the base band being updated when you do that and then I could lose the sim unlock

How do I SAFELY update to 3.1.2?

Thanks for your hep BeSweet & StealthBravo

Thanks

The baseband will be upgraded when you update your firmware. Like BeSweeet said if you update to 3.1.2 you can use blackra1n and blacksn0w to keep your unlock and have tethering and MMS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I upgrade to 3.1.2 and keep my j/b & sim unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Would this update my baseband?
    So that if something goes wrong I can
    go back to 3.0.1

Banned
    Thanks

It does update your baseband, but the latest baseband has been unlocked for use on 3.1 or 3.1.2.

Thanks

It will update your baseband and there is no going back. But blacksn0w works for the new baseband

Banned
    Thanks

If I was a newbie that would scare me away from doing this ...

Nothing is wrong with updating your baseband anymore.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gggguest For This Useful Post:

jerry305 (11-05-2009)

Thanks

^ true, do you think it sounds too extreme?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

jerry305 (11-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am a newbie that finally has the mms working for 4 months on 3.0 so have not upgraded or done anything cause I don't want to loose my mms.(using with go phone plan)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you guys for all your help.

How do I get back my Cydia's applications? Specially the ones I paid for?
    I'm trying to upgrade or do something mainly because my visual voice mail doesn't work or breaks after a while and tethering also breaks the mms works. Other than this I'm happy with 3.0.1 Of course after a while I'll be way behind. So you guys think this is the best thing to do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
    Thank you guys for all your help.

How do I get back my Cydia's applications? Specially the ones I paid for?
    I'm trying to upgrade or do something mainly because my visual voice mail doesn't work or breaks after a while and tethering also breaks the mms works. Other than this I'm happy with 3.0.1 Of course after a while I'll be way behind. So you guys think this is the best thing to do?
    There are apps for that, but I'm guessing you're asking because you did not use one. If you didn't use PkgBackup (arguably the best and easiest) or Appbackup which I think does the same thing, then I think you will need to manually reinstall your apps. Cydia will know that you paid for them.

Buy PkgBackup if you don't have it, install it, run it, sync with iTunes and you're ready for restoring apps next time.

To fix visual voicemail, try going to the ATT website and through one of the support links choose to "reset visual voicemail" or something like that. You will get a text message with a new password and can reset visual voice mail.

I am on 3.1.2 and have mms, tethering (native and MyWi working simultaneously), and fully functional visual voice mail. i hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply, but now I have another problem ... I just restored to a custom 3.1.2 keeping my 4.28 bb but not I don't have a signal. Do you know where I can get a custom 3.1.2 that works with the 4.28 bb?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think you can google it because custom firmware is not allowed on the site. However, why are you trying to preserve the baseband? With Blacksn0w and Blackra1n, you can upgrade to official 3.1.2 and jailbreak and unlock.