+ Reply
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok i just update to beta 4 and my MMS is working with out changing the ipcc file.
    Thanks
    Ok i just update to beta 4 and my MMS is working with out changing the ipcc file.

Thanks

subscribed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow more success stories... trying now.....

thats a big no go for me man lol... dangit... thats just my luck i guess haha

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snewcrash View Post
    Is the IPCC file compatible with Beta 4?
    It is compatible with Beta 4! Remember AT&T still has not flipped the switch for MMS.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I just installed the IPCC file from Megaupload and my phone is not working correctly. I have double-checked all connection in Network --> Cellular Data.Initially, the phone comes up but after sliding the lock and going into any app.,the phone does not allow any input.It is locked up! Phone is chirping approxmimately every 8 seconds, when the cable is attached. If I just let the phone come up without trying to use it, I can't get past the initial screen because the slide to unlock won't work.
    Phone won't even turn off with on/off button.

Currently running OS 3.0 BETA 3 with modem firmware 04.24.02 and the ATT carrier which was 3.5 has been bumped up to 5.0 since the install of the mms/tethering IPCC file?

Thanks

Apple's Dev section says not to use MMS because it isn't ready so as far as AT&T saying to call Apple, I don't think we will get far with that.

Maybe I'll try later on and see how far I can get with them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've read through everything here for a really long time, but yay for first posts! haha

I called AT&T and had them provision my account, and even called back a few days later to ensure that it was provisioned. I'm on a regular unlimited texting plan, not the iPhone specific plan, and not the family plan either, just individual. I'm running 3.0B4 and just updated to the newest IPCC file on the first page of this thread where it gives you the three APN options, and even re-added the [email protected] and stuff to it. Tethering has worked just fine, but I've never had any luck with MMS. Not a single one has ever sent and it seems like I've literally done everything there is other than put my phone into a different AT&T phone, which I can't because every person I know on AT&T has an iPhone :/

is there any suggestions from the MMS Gods here?

Thanks

ok just a question. I was on beta 3 and updated to beta 4 last night. through doing this did my carrier ipcc file get changed? I can use mms now and it seams a little more stable then in the beta 3 with the modded ipcc file. and as far as tethering I'm posting this from my macbook pro through tethering on my iPhone. I'm just wondering if my ipcc file got changed back or if the modded one is still in place

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How did you discover this?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

If you go into SETTINGS--->GENERAL--->ABOUT and scroll down to CARRIER, you will see which carrier level you are on.

Thanks

ok so im bout to call again here... any suggestions?

Thanks

on beta 4 apn three wont save any of the settings btw iphone 2g

Green Apple
    Thanks

on beta 4 now and still not working
    i just gave up and not gonna call, and i guess wait til the software actually comes out
    ive waited 2 years, i can wait another 2 months

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

stealthbravo:

Thanks for the tip in pm. I see it in the menu now.
    Last edited by duceduc; 04-29-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I started off asking to fix my mms and he said that they couldn't turn it on even for devs. I told him that I understood and that I would like to see if I could get the "view my message" texts to work then (I knew somehow they were blocking the transmission entirely and I was hoping that this would allow me to at least try a sim swapping trick). He said he could try that. After a few minutes of messing around with the settings on his end, he sent me a test MMS. I was expecting to see a "Click here to view my message" text but instead I saw a photo! I don't know whether he was being cool and turned it on for me or if by trying to make the "view my message" texts work he enabled it accidentally.

Maybe go in with the story that you want the text messages and see what happens. Hope that helps. Good luck!
    i actually tried that and the lady took my plan off and put it back on. did the SIM trick, working mms now lol. probably will be gone by morning though

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjr3211 View Post
    would have to agree with you the first time i called i got a verry nice lady on the phone and she said sure no prob i can enable mms for you and it did not work

well my mms stoped working again i have just about had it with att and their horse***t i called again this time the woman wouldn't evean talk to me transfered me stright to apple support who told me that att dose not have the iphone acounts set up to be able to mms it is somthing that wont be ready till june so now what?
    I apparently talked to the same lady today... got transferred to apple support who said the same thing... I got nowhere.

Thanks

I feel for you all that cant get AT&T to provision it. I hate the endless calling for nothing!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010), spicuzzi (04-30-2009)

Thanks

I got my phone swapped and it stopped working. However doing the sim swap again got it working again. I had to register with MediaNet a couple times before it actually worked.

Also, if you are on the iPhone Messaging Plan it WILL NOT WORK.

When you put the sim into the other phone, you should log into your ATT account and switch the plan to the Unlimited Messaging Plan online. It's recommended by ATT, as it should show the phone that the sim is currently in, and not the iphone. Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    I got my phone swapped and it stopped working. However doing the sim swap again got it working again. I had to register with MediaNet a couple times before it actually worked.

Also, if you are on the iPhone Messaging Plan it WILL NOT WORK.

When you put the sim into the other phone, you should log into your ATT account and switch the plan to the Unlimited Messaging Plan online. It's recommended by ATT, as it should show the phone that the sim is currently in, and not the iphone. Hope this helps!
    That way only work for a few hours, what you have to do is get another at&t phone put your sim in. call them and tell then that your are going to be using that phone for now on and that you want then to enable mms on the device, thats how i got my working and had be working for 5 days.

Thanks

^problem is you are most likely are no longer on a iphone data plan which in turn you lose your visual voicemail.

Let me know if different.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)