+ Reply
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
mines still working like a champ!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

mines still working like a champ!

Thanks

I have tried calling and keep getting the same bs almost line for line. I can tell you one thing, I'll be calling the day 3.0 drops and complain over and over again about how a few settings prevented me from getting a basic service that apple now supports.I'll be raising hell the day it drops.

Thanks
    Look how great my MMS in working
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone-photo-2.jpg   Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone-photo.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Rubbing salt in cory's wound?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

help the new ipcc file keeps downloading as a .bundle file and not a ipcc file...how can i change that so i can upload it to mah iphone
    Last edited by bhavinjpatel; 04-27-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks

Default it's working
    Ok. I have no idea how I did it, but here is my best guess. level two tech was a waste of time, don't bother. I called 611 and luckly got a fellow beta tester (testing another platform) and he tried everything he could. I got on a normal text plan and got medianet enabled on my account. Thats as far as I got with att. after that I just kept turning airplane mode on and off along with resetting the network setting a lot. I also re-installed the modded ipcc file and continued to do the airplane mode and resetting the network settings and it just started working. I have no idea how long this will last, and it it very slow to send an mms, but it does work now. I've sent a few and have had a group mms not send, but I will try more things tonight and see if it works in the morning. i did not switch sim cards or put mine into another phone. I hope some of this helps other people. everything that changed on my account was done by the bottom level csr and he had no idea about anything with mms on the iphone. this might be another loop hole we could squeze through. just try to keep them from getting in touch with tech support. after the guy got in touch with tech support everything stopped.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just tried the new way anf not working for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pcmartinez View Post
    Look how great my MMS in working
    MAN YOU SUCK!!! i still cant get mine to work. I've pretty much given up. But hey beta 4 soon right? like tomorrow hopefully

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Ok. I have no idea how I did it, but here is my best guess. level two tech was a waste of time, don't bother. I called 611 and luckly got a fellow beta tester (testing another platform) and he tried everything he could. I got on a normal text plan and got medianet enabled on my account. Thats as far as I got with att. after that I just kept turning airplane mode on and off along with resetting the network setting a lot. I also re-installed the modded ipcc file and continued to do the airplane mode and resetting the network settings and it just started working. I have no idea how long this will last, and it it very slow to send an mms, but it does work now. I've sent a few and have had a group mms not send, but I will try more things tonight and see if it works in the morning. i did not switch sim cards or put mine into another phone. I hope some of this helps other people. everything that changed on my account was done by the bottom level csr and he had no idea about anything with mms on the iphone. this might be another loop hole we could squeze through. just try to keep them from getting in touch with tech support. after the guy got in touch with tech support everything stopped.

Cool Man, I hope it last for you. Sometimes the 611 csrs can be helpful, the problem is getting one who will take a chance and not call tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    MAN YOU SUCK!!! i still cant get mine to work. I've pretty much given up. But hey beta 4 soon right? like tomorrow hopefully
    Beta 4 tomorrow!!!!! I am excited about this!

There is an update to SwirlyMMS on icy. I have no idea if it works on 3.0. I just thought I would pass on the info.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-28-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ok 4.5 hours into today and no sign of beta 4. will somebody please let me know when it's on the net and I can go find it? don't link, just let me know when to start searching

Thanks

Default I tried!!
    i tried calling att tier 2 tech support, i was very polite, explained my situation. the first person i spoke with went on and on about billing and account audits and saying that sort of thing had to come from the upper offices and blah blah etc etc. the second person i talked to told me that i had to go to Apple Developer Connection and call them and they should be able to do it for me. I haven't tried that yet, but did anybody else catch this much flak from att?

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I have been trying and trying for almost a month to get mms working on 3.0. And to day I just downloaded and reinstalled the hacked ipcc file and tried it out and guess what it works!!!! I am so happy now. I did nothing but install the ipcc file and reset my phone. Of course previously I had tried the sim card swap but only got it working for a couple of hours. I never called AT&T ever not once. Is this a sign that they maybe flipping the switch with beta 4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    ok 4.5 hours into today and no sign of beta 4. will somebody please let me know when it's on the net and I can go find it? don't link, just let me know when to start searching
    Check our 3.0 beta thread for updates also. I will notify the moment its here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattshall View Post
    So I have been trying and trying for almost a month to get mms working on 3.0. And to day I just downloaded and reinstalled the hacked ipcc file and tried it out and guess what it works!!!! I am so happy now. I did nothing but install the ipcc file and reset my phone. Of course previously I had tried the sim card swap but only got it working for a couple of hours. I never called AT&T ever not once. Is this a sign that they maybe flipping the switch with beta 4?
    Glad its working for you. If it was the ipcc on this thread, then I just updated it 3 days ago. Enjoy!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-28-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010), Mattshall (04-28-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

im gonna give the new ipcc file a try... hopefully it works...

hopefully beta 4 will help a bit with MMS, doubtful, but hopeful lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Glad its working for you. If it was the ipcc on this thread, then I just updated it 3 days ago. Enjoy!
    Yes it was the ipcc file on this thread! Thanks for all your work stealthbravo!

Thanks

No problem! Glad to help

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Check our 3.0 beta thread for updates also. I will notify the moment its here.

can i get a copy of the ipcc file that u updated please!!!

thanx

Thanks

hey idk if anyone else has thought of this or done this (probably have) but instead of mms you can email from your phone to any persons number plus the copy and paste feture makes this even easier.

x= didget in persons number

do not include dashes

emails for different services

t-mobile = [email protected]
    (country code-area code- [email protected])

verizon = [email protected]
    (area code- [email protected])

i am not sure about sprint or att if you would like to know send a mms message to my email and ill update this post.

this is useful for people with iphone 2gs who will not have the mms feature but can still send data over 3g or edge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thinknoffcenter View Post
    can i get a copy of the ipcc file that u updated please!!!

thanx
    Its on the main post.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is the IPCC file compatible with Beta 4?