+ Reply
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Well my MMS worked great for 4 weeks and now its gone... I guess I messed around with my carrier settings a little too much yesterday
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Well my MMS worked great for 4 weeks and now its gone...

I guess I messed around with my carrier settings a little too much yesterday and last night they shut it down. After posting the updated ipcc file for everyone, I started to play around with the cellular data settings screen further. I got it to the point where you can edit your carrier settings, mms settings, apn settings, carrier images, all kinds of crazy stuff, and was about to post it when I realized I had been cut off.

It was too late to talk to level two tech support so I decided to try the old swim swapping trick. I could access media net from my old phone but when I went to send a MMS, it said user barred from network!

I called the level two tech support this morning and was told the same old song and dance that the iphone can not be provisioned for MMS even if I was a dev. They said further more that my account had been red flagged and now when I call the person immediately ask if I am calling about MMS provisioning.

I talked to a tech manager and he told me that they received a memo from Apple today that no iphone should be enabled with WAP Push, MMS, or any other provisioning not stated in original contract. He went on further to say that they will be doing a sweep blitz over the next few weeks to rid the system of people who have gotten it provisioned.

Well I waited 18 months for MMS, whats another 2?

daaayyuummm dude.... banhammer.... i know how that feels bro

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

yep thats what apple said when i talked to them yesterday i just wonder if they are gona wait till the last day to flip the swich or are we gona be able to use it before the release

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Our luck they wont have it working until a month after release

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Thanks

lmao yeah...they will be like maybe in the 3.1 update itll come with it... lol

same as push notifications.... lol
    Last edited by gameviper; 04-23-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn that sucks guys, mine's still working like a charm, just tested again to check, and i've tested mine with all carriers and i have been able to send/receive to all...i can post my ipcc file it that helps, got tethering working great to, ive checked my bill and everything is good on it! i noticed under my data details that all the mms still show as text/IM messaging thought, but anywho i've even restore it and reset everything and started over just to make sure I could still get it to work and everything is peachy!!!!! sorry for all those that aren't, anyone know how to save the videos when someone sends one?

we also have 3 iphone 3G's on the account and one razr phone
    Last edited by NiCkStOuCh; 04-23-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

ok so i read through most of the comments on this and i use a 2g iphone with t-mobile, i currently pay for a mms plan with t-mobile all i need is a way to enable it on my phone its self i can use my data plan also i was able to do that with "iPhone configuration utility" the thing is there is no way to enable mms or tethering through that tool. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to enable the options in the cellular data network tab, i tried updating with the IPCC File provided but nothing happens.

Thanks

Just find a tmobile ipcc and it can be edited to allow access. Once you find one let me know and I will edit it for you

Just got off the phone with the evil empire (AT&T), and now my MMS is back baby!

I got the coolest rep on the phone. We bullsh!ted about sports, women and the iphone for about 45 minutes. Anyway I hope it last a while now. No more messing with carrier settings for me!
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 04-24-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just find a tmobile ipcc and it can be edited to allow access. Once you find one let me know and I will edit it for you

Just got off the phone with the evil empire (AT&T), and now my MMS is back baby!

I got the coolest rep on the phone. We bullsh!ted about sports, women and the iphone for about 45 minutes. Anyway I hope it last a while now. No more messing with carrier settings for me!
    what did you say to them? what was your story?

tier two tech said two people were fired today for doing this..... lmao

ok... called 5 times, no luck. i quit lol. i can wait another 2 months...
    Last edited by gameviper; 04-24-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

this is a noob question i am sure... where can i find a t-mobile ipcc file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gameviper View Post
    what did you say to them? what was your story?

tier two tech said two people were fired today for doing this..... lmao

ok... called 5 times, no luck. i quit lol. i can wait another 2 months...

I started off asking to fix my mms and he said that they couldn't turn it on even for devs. I told him that I understood and that I would like to see if I could get the "view my message" texts to work then (I knew somehow they were blocking the transmission entirely and I was hoping that this would allow me to at least try a sim swapping trick). He said he could try that. After a few minutes of messing around with the settings on his end, he sent me a test MMS. I was expecting to see a "Click here to view my message" text but instead I saw a photo! I don't know whether he was being cool and turned it on for me or if by trying to make the "view my message" texts work he enabled it accidentally.

Maybe go in with the story that you want the text messages and see what happens. Hope that helps. Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i found a t-mobile ipcc file but its a german one so idk if it will work.

edit: i found some helpful people who were willing to email me a pre editied tmo ipcc file with mms and tethering enabled i am going to test it out.

edit: so i used the tmobile ipcc wile restarted the phone and nothing has changed except the settings app crashes when i go to cellular data network.
    Last edited by almyz125; 04-25-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks

Does the one I sent you work?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default MMS working here
    i used the carrier settings provided in this post, had to toggle off/on Airplane mode and it just started working.. have been sending/getting picture/video messages for the last two days!

should it stop working i will let everyone know!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone-img_0089.png  

Thanks

Thats awesome congratulations! Hopefully it will stick

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yeah, i had been trying and trying but nothing was working, then i stumbled across this thread, used the carrier settings .. toggled the airplane mode.. tried to send and it went through and i nearly s**t myself i was so happy.. lol

Thanks

Does the one I sent you work?
    no luck yet i am going to just reload beta 3 on my phone and then do it while its just stock beta 3 with out any icy apps or anything.

edit: reloaded 3.0 beta3 and then used the ipcc file you gave me back and still the same result settings app crashes when i go to the cellular data network tab. what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by almyz125; 04-26-2009 at 08:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury1975 View Post
    yeah, i had been trying and trying but nothing was working, then i stumbled across this thread, used the carrier settings .. toggled the airplane mode.. tried to send and it went through and i nearly s**t myself i was so happy.. lol
    Just got to keep it going for a couple more months until it is officially supported

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Shoot mine quit working after 3 weeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Shoot mine quit working after 3 weeks.
    Yea, mine made it about 4 weeks and died the other day. Lucky I got a rep to turn it back on!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    After trying for days to enable MMS. I just try to see if it semd and it works fine.