+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why you should switch from AT&T...

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, in some places, AT&T stores close at 5. 6 on Saturdays. I went to my "friendly" neighborhood AT&T store yesterday to get the iPhone Bluetooth from Apple, right? Well,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Why you should switch from AT&T...
    So, in some places, AT&T stores close at 5. 6 on Saturdays. I went to my "friendly" neighborhood AT&T store yesterday to get the iPhone Bluetooth from Apple, right? Well, I had to go on a Saturday because I work all week long, office hours, so there no way IN HELL I can ever get there while they're open. I ask the rep why they close so early. Rather than him answer, his manager (who's standing conveniently behind him) turns, laughs, and says "5 is late enough". I respond with "well, for people who work, no its not." Needless to say, I cancelled my contract with them hours later and took my unlocked iPhone to T-Mobile. F*** AT&T and their G**D**NED BI***Y managers. I've used them years ago, and left them because they sucked then (they let two stolen phones on my account run my bill up to $2,800 AFTER I reported them stolen) and they still suck. sucky suck suckness.

Hope you're investigated for monopolistic practices, AT&T ;-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So just because you couldn't make it to a store during operating hours you're going to switch? What ever floats your boat. Here's the hours for the store near me, kind of tough to NOT be able to get there.

Hours:
    MON-FRI 9:00-8:00 ,SAT 9:00-6:00 ,SUN 11:00-5:00

Green Apple
    Thanks
    What so the people working at at&t don't have "real jobs"...??

They are people who work too, and I'm sure there are places they would like to go to but can't because they were working.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scidsecret View Post
    So, in some places, AT&T stores close at 5. 6 on Saturdays. I went to my "friendly" neighborhood AT&T store yesterday to get the iPhone Bluetooth from Apple, right? Well, I had to go on a Saturday because I work all week long, office hours, so there no way IN HELL I can ever get there while they're open. I ask the rep why they close so early. Rather than him answer, his manager (who's standing conveniently behind him) turns, laughs, and says "5 is late enough". I respond with "well, for people who work, no its not." Needless to say, I cancelled my contract with them hours later and took my unlocked iPhone to T-Mobile. F*** AT&T and their G**D**NED BI***Y managers. I've used them years ago, and left them because they sucked then (they let two stolen phones on my account run my bill up to $2,800 AFTER I reported them stolen) and they still suck. sucky suck suckness.

Hope you're investigated for monopolistic practices, AT&T ;-)
    u know u could have bought it online...
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

People *****, just to hear themselves ***** I think or better yet cut there noise to spite their face.
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

wow, great reason to cancel ATT....(rolleseyes)...so does this mean you canceled your bank accounts and no longer use the post office?...because both of those places close long before the ATT store does....

iPhone? More like MyPhone McGeeTM's Avatar
    Thanks

lol what a idiot..lets ***** because they closed...hahahahha
    [CENTER] Honda-Tech FTW

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wow guys relax, maybe its not because of the closing hours but they billed him 2800 dollars afterhe reported them as stolen.. And I'm with him, when I had AT&T service for phone at home we used to pay around $100 a month with even using it... We had a contract for a year or two(?) I forgot but when my mom called twice to cancel it, they said they cancel it but they didn't.. When my parents called to complain they said we didn't call enough time.. Now that's redicilious... But the funny thing is that they billed us for 2 months and it wasn't our number... And more funny is that they disconnected us and gave my house number to someone else... That's my side of the story and idont really like at&t they are just thieves... And my mom wasn't very happy when I had to have service from AT&T...

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

lol...
    mod edit, old signature removed

iPhone? More like MyPhone FrogsOblivious's Avatar
    Thanks

lol... well that's the beauty of unlocked phones! Now ATT should (theoretically) be trying harder.

Thanks

Well I for one am not a fan of ATT. The gsm network, though very large, is simply not very good. I have Verizon for my REAL phone that I use to talk on, and the iPhone because of internet and email and because it's so damn cool!
    But honestly, if you have had verizon in the past and now have at&t you will understand. More bars in more places..lol..and more missed calls and dropped calls. And no service in places where my verizon has all the bars. Too bad verizon feels the need to control EVERYTHING you do on your phone to make a few extra bucks per person. So basically, I guess they both suck..lol
    Last edited by pmas; 09-18-2007 at 08:58 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its funny how people complain about cellular service....its just a matter of coverage. Some places have better service with verizon and some places have better service with ATT. ATT does own the majority of cell towers and therefore have a large coverage path. But cheap phones can also be blammed for dropped calls. Most dropped calls are the act of YOUR PHONE switching between two cellular towers and losing the call in the process. Some phones make this change very slowely while others change more often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    its funny how people complain about cellular service....its just a matter of coverage. Some places have better service with verizon and some places have better service with ATT. ATT does own the majority of cell towers and therefore have a large coverage path. But cheap phones can also be blammed for dropped calls. Most dropped calls are the act of YOUR PHONE switching between two cellular towers and losing the call in the process. Some phones make this change very slowely while others change more often.
    Umm.. you misunderstood. I was not complaining, but comparing. And it's way deeper than coverage. It's technology.
    I travel the entire continental US for business and I can say in my experience, Verizon simply is better. Believe me I am no fan of either company, but CDMA seems to be better technology than gsm. And dropped calls frequently happen on AT&T when I am stationary on my cell, calling to a hardline. As for Verizon, dropped calls are so few and far between, I can't state any pattern or circumstance.
    You can have cell sites every 2 blocks, but if the call is lost or quality of sound is sub par, what does that really mean? Also, I don't consider the iPhone a cheap phone, which is obviously what I use for AT&T.
    Last edited by pmas; 09-18-2007 at 11:25 AM.

s2k
    Thanks

lawl

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmas View Post
    Umm.. you misunderstood. I was not complaining, but comparing. And it's way deeper than coverage. It's technology.
    I travel the entire continental US for business and I can say in my experience, Verizon simply is better. Believe me I am no fan of either company, but CDMA seems to be better technology than gsm. And dropped calls frequently happen on AT&T when I am stationary on my cell, calling to a hardline. As for Verizon, dropped calls are so few and far between, I can't state any pattern or circumstance.
    You can have cell sites every 2 blocks, but if the call is lost or quality of sound is sub par, what does that really mean? Also, I don't consider the iPhone a cheap phone, which is obviously what I use for AT&T.
    ATT has CDMA as well, just not everywhere, just like verizon. GSM and CDMA are universal telephone technologies not specific to any company, just specific to availability and cost. Verizon was the first to use it but many carriers are updating. ATT calls theirs "3G" which is simply an acronym for 3rd generation cellular networks aka CDMA.
    Really?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

thats why I'm a tmobile lol
     Think Different