+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly Working!

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just want to let you guys know that I got Swirly MMS working on my 3g first try. No hastle, just followed the instructions on their website. I sent
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Swirly Working!
    I just want to let you guys know that I got Swirly MMS working on my 3g first try. No hastle, just followed the instructions on their website. I sent a message to myself and received it perfectly.

I just tried messaging my girlfriend who has verizon, so we'll see if she receives it or not.

I'm very happy about this. I don't see why people had so many problems with it.

Note: I'm using AT&T pick your plan which has MMS enabled in the package. This might be why. I did not have to call AT&T and enable WAP or any of that. Just installed and it worked.

Just letting you guys know that there's hope!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

fraud.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Yeah because I just posted this for no reason. Douche

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

yes because everyone has had the same luck as you right? wrong. you fail sir.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

Default Swirly Working for me too
    I got SwirlyMMS working yesterday. And it's still working today Great. I'm on a goPhone pick your service plan with these features:

"Data Unlimited"
    "iPhone PYP Data Unlimited"
    "Messaging Standard 1000"

To use goPhone I went to walmart and bought the pay as you go Nokia2610 phone. Set everything up then placed the SIM in the iPhone. Hete are the steps to get MMS working. All info I got from this site.

********************/2008/09/review-swirlymms-vs-flutter-real- iphone-mms/

DHewes Says:
    November 5th, 2008 at 3:57 pm

FINALLY - A SOLUTION THAT BYPASSES ATT:

OK, on another forum I found a solution that works and does not require you call ATT. Now, in this info it says to wait 10 minutes. Mine worked - but NOT until after I got a confirmation email like 12 hours later.

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=583746]Swirly MMS and AT&T Help - Mac Forums[/ame]
    can confirm that the following steps will allow Swirly to work on your AT&T iPhone. I got this from the swirly forums and it worked for me. I think you need family plan with messaging on it also, which I do.

First, you will need a regular AT&T/Cingular phone. I used a old Nokia 2610. You should be able to use any phone as long as it is Media Net compatible.

Take the SIM from your iPhone, Insert it in to a standard phone, Make a phone call, wait about 5 minutes.
    After 5 minutes go to the following link online,

My MEdia Net

Enter in your mobile number(it might say your phone is not supported.. if so wait a little longer and try again), then at the next screen it will ask for a 4 digit code.

The 4 digit code will be sent to your phone via Text message.
    Enter the code in on the website then enter your email. You should be able to access the main Media Net site.

Now send a mms. It will take some time for the network to recognize the phone. Be patient. Took me about 10 minutes. Dont continue until you have successfully sent a message.

Now take out the sim card and place it back in the iPhone.

Make sure the Swirly MMS Settings are as follows…

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032

leave apn, username, and password fields blank..

Image Size: Maximum
    UserAgent: Nokia_N95.

Hope this will help anyone still having problems. It took me 4mins to get the mms to go through with the nokia but like he stated it works. The only thing I see that's weird at first is when you first try to send from the iphone it seems like it took forever.

-IMPORTANT note:
    I changed my setting after I took out the SIM and Then powered off/restarted my iphone before putting the SIM back in. This will insure everything will work smoothly.
    Last edited by meberra; 02-26-2009 at 04:41 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meberra For This Useful Post:

nrowensby (03-05-2009)

Thanks

Point proven. Zinjen you just look like a bitter dumbass now. (Not like you didn't before) Go cry somewhere else with your non-working MMS.

Zinjen got PWNED

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all this app work for me one time.. and to get it working i did have to change the sim to my 8525 and call att and tell the to check my acct because i'm having problems sending MMS. they ask me to hold and it look like the unlock it... so when i finish with ATT i send a MMS from my 8525 to test that it really work, after the test i put the sim back to my iphone and swirly start working.. but today i try it again and it look like att block me again.. i just did the medianet thing and i'm still waiting to see if that work for me or no.. i will report back.. if no i will have to call att again to have them unlock it..

i don't know if my mistake was leaving the useragent as iphone.. soo i will change it to another today and do a test...

well the medianet thing DIDN't work for my so i just call ATT and ask the to unlock it again.. and now it is working. lets see for how long... i will report back
    Last edited by gavilaso; 02-27-2009 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

For some reason it won't work if Edge is turned off.

Thanks

i can confirm that this does work. i think you may have to have a family message plan tho. i have family message plan and followed the steps exactly and had it working within 10 mins.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It works. Hopefully it will continue to work tomorrow, and the next day...
    -J

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can confirm this works. I have the iphone data plan and the unlimited messaging plan. I changed mine to the non iphone message plan after I was able to register for media net. I went online to att and it had changed my phone to a nokia phone I used to set all of this up, i kept the iphone data plan and then changed to regular texting (unlimited).

Its day 3 and still working for me. You have to be patient when going through the set up. I would say o follow the steps above and it took me around 30 minutes to do the whole process.

Green Apple
    Thanks

well mine worked until I made a call with the iphone, then it reverted back. I didn't know you had to change the plan with att after registering media.net. I'll try that.

-J

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I didnt know either, but I changed mine to the regular unlimited because it has MMS capabilities in the plan where as the iPhone text plans do not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay... trying this now... Just got everything set up as mentioned above... about to switch back to the iPhone to see if it works and for how long!

...working on the iPhone thus far!

Okay... 4hrs down, cycled power on iphone a couple times, made a few calls and still sending and receiving MMS! Looking like hope?

Also... I have the family messaging plan, not one of the iphone messaging plans!
    Last edited by nrowensby; 03-10-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

...still working, 3 days later!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought I was close to getting it to work. I followed the guide about the medianet site and all. Got my old Razr sending and receiving MMS. Sent and received a few, then switched the SIM back to the iPhone, set up swirly and got the forbidden message. Crap.

I have my plan on the 15 dollar unlimited media net and the 200 messages. Not the iphone message plan but an MMS message plan. I confirmed that with ATT. It seems the ones who are getting this to work have the family unlimited plan so maybe I need to fetch that instead.

Of course when I went back to my RAZR it cant send MMS anymore either even tho my plan hasnt changed.

Strange.

I'd love to have ziPhone for my 3g like I did for my 2g. As far as ATT was concerned my 2g was my old Razr and all was well with the world. Thats what I get for wanting more speed.
    Last edited by Shady6; 03-08-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks

Yep, Still working 5 days in...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Week later....still working

Thanks

Mine has been working for at least 3 months.. in the US.. and on AT&T. It works!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, i've done this and confirmed it does indeed work. My question is this. By setting up the code for the media net and doing the setup for this, does this change my plan in anyway or is it just the same before this? I want to make sure i still have my unlimted data plan on my iphone and my wife's. I've checked my plan on the site and it seems to be the same but would like to know for those who have done it as well if any changes occured to their plan?
    Last edited by blazew0n; 03-15-2009 at 04:10 AM.