+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly Working!

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got Swirly MMS, and it works fine.... Don't get me wrong it was a pain the ***. I had to call ATT and get the MMS activated in my
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

I got Swirly MMS, and it works fine.... Don't get me wrong it was a pain the ***.

I had to call ATT and get the MMS activated in my account because i "sometimes use my razr" after that I put my SIM card into my old blackjack sent an MMS and waited to recieve one.

Then put my Iphone back together and after messing around for another 15 minnutes it worked and it works fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone have it working on 2.2-yellowsnowed 3G-on TMo sidekick plan? i've tried but don't seem to get it goin

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminatty View Post
    I just want to let you guys know that I got Swirly MMS working on my 3g first try. No hastle, just followed the instructions on their website. I sent a message to myself and received it perfectly.

I just tried messaging my girlfriend who has verizon, so we'll see if she receives it or not.

I'm very happy about this. I don't see why people had so many problems with it.

Note: I'm using AT&T pick your plan which has MMS enabled in the package. This might be why. I did not have to call AT&T and enable WAP or any of that. Just installed and it worked.

Just letting you guys know that there's hope!
    I put a new line on last month and switch to a family plan with unlimited text and data. Installed swirlymms, got a green "M" and got a message, just couldn't fetch it. got on att.com chat and had them do an ota push to my phone, reset my phone, and about 10min later it worked. no custom settings or anything..

zinjen you fail, you cant follow simple instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just got through with a tech chat online and they wouldnt enable MMS on my account.

We would have to change the features and information on the account to the Samsung A737 before I could enable anything for that phone. What ever is listed on the account is what has to be provisioned. Would you like to change the phone information and rate plan to that of the Samsung A737? When you want to use the iPhone you would then have to call or come to Tech chat and have that information updated. That may be why you are having the issue. When you take the Sim cad out of the phone and put it in another phone that is not one that is listed on the account, the system can not send updates and the correct information is not showing in the network, so your features and things will not work correctly.

Yes you would have to change the information on the account each time you changed phones , if you put the Samsung phone on the account, that will remove the iPhone data plan. You would only have that when you add the iPhone back to the account. You would have to change rate plans from the iPhone rate pland and features from the iPhone features to the features and rate plans available for the Samsung. Then when you wanted to use the iPhone you would have to come back and change to a rate plan for iPhone and add back the iPhone features. You can not just take the Sim card out of one phone and put it into another and have all of the features work normally. If you want the features to work as they should that is what you would have to do. You would need to leave one phone or the other on the account.

Green Apple
    Thanks

After my first attempt failed I gave it a few days and tried again. Razr was getting blocked for MMS as well. Ok, fire up the chat. Lady fed me the same line that CaCHooKa Man got fed. Even got told the iphone SIM was special and wouldnt fit my Razr. So I called her out on that and then told her to check my records where I needed to use my razr before and they enabled MMS. She told me I'd have to call in. I ended the chat and decided to try MMS anyway. And it worked.

Swapped the SIM back to the iPhone and MMS has worked on it ever since.

But now that Apple finally pulled there heads out of there butts I guess I really dont need it as much anymore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Still have Swirly, and it still works fine. Once in a while I have to change settings. The key to getting this to work is the username and password.

Choose any setting that has a proxy with numbers like 6232843435 and then use the username: [email protected] and password: cingular1

Should work fine!

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Myne is still working too! THANKS!

Green Apple
    Thanks

This seems to be working better for me now. on a whim, I decided to give it another go being that iphone OS 3.0 beta is out for devs, and if you are a dev, there has been some success with AT&T getting MMS turned on for iphones. So I went through the process again and it works. Before though, after I would make/receive a call on the iphone, swirly would stop working again. Now however, it has kept working after making calls from the iphone. So I'm hoping that AT&T isn't shutting off MMS after detecting the iphone's IEMI anymore. Time will tell.

I had an old samsung phone I used to set up the MyMediaNet as I had been doing before. I thought though, if my theory is correct, you may be able completely with the iphone now. Try it an see.

-J

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im trying the media.net but my number wont go through. i noticed you said wait 5 min, but its been an hour now, and it still says its not supported. I put my sim in an old nokia

any suggestions???

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12