+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will Google Calendar Sync mean higher data plan cost cause it uses Exchange ?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have setup the new google calendar sync beta and love it ... didn't use google calendar before but this has driven me to it. When I bought my iPhone
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Will Google Calendar Sync mean higher data plan cost cause it uses Exchange ?
    I have setup the new google calendar sync beta and love it ... didn't use google calendar before but this has driven me to it.

When I bought my iPhone two weeks ago the AT&T salesperson asked me if I would be using the phone for "business eMail". I asked him what he meant and he explained that if my company had an MS Exchange server it would be a $45 unlimited data plan instead of a $30 unlimited data plan (curious use of "unlimited"). I told him there was no exchange server, which was true so I am on the $30 plan.

Now that I have gone to google calendar sync, which is set up as an Exchange account I am wondering 1) THEORETICALLY should I be on the $45 plan ?, and 2) will AT&T ever put 2 and 2 together and force me to the $45 plan ?

IMO Google calendar sync is great, but not worth $15/month.

I couldn't decide where to put this post, it IS AT&T specific, but nothing to do with modding. Please move if appropriate.

Thanks

1) No.
    2) I'd doubt it, since it's a personal thing and not running from a MS Exchange Server. Most likely not...
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The $45 plan is when you have an enterprise exchange server. (blackberry is the same way). It's when you use your phone with a corporate run exchange server. I run MS exchange on my iphone w a hosted exchange platform using the $30/mo plan. It only applies when your exchange is run by your own company and they maintain their own exchange servers.
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!