+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE 2G not resetting?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hai, My IPHONE 2G is not resetting even if i tried to do so...It is not charging for wall charger and also couldn't detect in the i tunes as well...It
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question IPHONE 2G not resetting?
    hai,

My IPHONE 2G is not resetting even if i tried to do so...It is not charging for wall charger and also couldn't detect in the i tunes as well...It is just showing the battery dead symbol on the screen and i couldn't charge it. Any help would be very thankful..This happened all of sudden and nothing like fall down or anything happened to it..I am totally worried about it?Did anyone face this problem?Is anything wrong with the battery or the charging socket for the iphone? I tried all the ways and also tried to reset by pressing the sleep and home button together but it didnt worked...help me?

thank you..

Thanks

1) Welcome to MMi!
    2) Your question would probably be best answered in the General iPhone Chat section.
    3) You have an iPhone 1G, not 2G. 2G means 2nd Gen.

It sounds like your dock connector may be bad. How about trying a different sync cable? Don't use your wall adapter for this, plug it in to your computer. Try someone else's computer too. Better yet, plug the iphone in overnight with the a different sync cable.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

^^^^2g does NOT mean 2nd generation. it means 2g speeds (or edge) it is the iphone 2g. the 1g 2g only applies to the ipods (thus ipod 2g...2nd generation) 3g doesnt mean 3rd generation....it means it supports 3g speeds. there are only 2 generations of iphones

i suggest starting with the same things as above
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

That is the folly of your argument. 2.5G = EDGE, 2G = GSM. Sorry

And in the Apple world, xG signifies the x generation. (It goes for iMacs, iPods, etc.)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix