+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing carrier Logo

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have tried over and over again! I am ATT and I just can't make my custom carrier logo. I made it in photoshop and made sure it was the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me cellmate75's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Changing carrier Logo
    I have tried over and over again! I am ATT and I just can't make my custom carrier logo. I made it in photoshop and made sure it was the right size, but it still won't work! Please help me. I am 2.2.1 Iphone 3g

Thanks

This would probably be better placed in the file mods forum...

Are you using a turboSIM, or any xSIM for that matter? I know you said that "you are ATT", but some people still use the xSIMs. Try to use a carrier logo that is known to work. If you can't get that to work, then... I'm not sure. But if you can get it to work, then compare the two images. Is your image the proper format? (NOTE: Just changing the extension does not work). You say that the dimensions are correct, but how about trying to make it conciderably smaller (saving as a copy, of course). Once you have exhausted all of these report back. :-).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

are you trying to change this via a winterboard theme or just replacing the actual file? how large is your image?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

My iPhone is a Part of Me cellmate75's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm using a regular sim card from AT&T. I grid making of smaller but it didn't work. I noticed that everyone that does this was a picture(of their phone company) as their normal carrier logo. Mine just says AT&T. Of course I changed it to my name. Any other ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are trying to SSH the files onto the phone then you have to know that the names of the original PNGs are case sensitive, so that means you must have everything named EXACTLY like the original file.

I.E.: If the file says Default_CARRIER_ATT then naming it default_CARRIER_ATT or DEFAULT_CARRIER_ATT will cause it not to work.

I went through the same thing before I found out they were case sensitive.
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 02-09-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Bolded words for emphasis
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

brownsurccapt (04-11-2009)