+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T 3g iphone 3g/edge/wireless help!

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay so I called at&t to cancel my iphone 3g data plan saying I don't have the iphone anymore while I was still using the iphone. My friend did the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T 3g iphone 3g/edge/wireless help!
    Okay so I called at&t to cancel my iphone 3g data plan saying I don't have the iphone anymore while I was still using the iphone. My friend did the exact same thing and his 3g icon was gone. WHile I did the exact same thing, the E appeared as edge. I don't have the edge or 3g plan either. When I use the wireless, it uses the edge instead and now my bill came up to 144 dollars just usnig the internet!!!! My friend however, it didn't charge him anything for his internet. He doesn't have the E icon on his 3g iphone. I am using version 2.2. Someone please tell me how to get rid of the E icon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

boss pref in cydia you can shut off the edge and just use wifi.. hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've had boss tools/pref for a while now, but I never understand how to use it. I don't see it as a icon anyhere in the summerboard either.

Thanks

call att and have them block all data to your phone. If you don't want internet that will work. That way, you don't have to keep checking to ensure that edge is off.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't call at&T and tell them to block data because iphone require 3g data plan. So i turn off edge on boss pref, but i still see the E icon...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i've have done the jailbreak and downloaded swirleymms and can not get it to work, will not send the messages at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XtaikiX View Post
    I can't call at&T and tell them to block data because iphone require 3g data plan. So i turn off edge on boss pref, but i still see the E icon...
    Not really requires, they recommend it since its very data intensive. But if your just using the phone as a phone and not for emailing and web browsing they should be able to block all data going into your line. Ive done it to some of my customer that wanted to keep their iphone but didn't want to pay the 30 bucks for data.....

Quote Originally Posted by jjsjjs018 View Post
    i've have done the jailbreak and downloaded swirleymms and can not get it to work, will not send the messages at all.
    Hmmm why not make another post instead of hi Jacking this one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blocking data means i cant use its wireless either? the wifi it has.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blocking data means i cant use its wireless either? the wifi it has.

3G is just a specific band frequency, youll still have access to the wireless frequency that att uses. trust me, i have it blocked on my line right now and I haven't had any issues yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay thanks a lot! i'll give it a try hopefully they will block the data. i talked to some of the worker before, they said it requires that's part of the 2g contract.

Thanks

okay thanks a lot! i'll give it a try hopefully they will block the data. i talked to some of the worker before, they said it requires that's part of the 2g contract.
    Unfortunately, AT&T tries to force the $20/$30 data plan on its' iPhone customers. I have data blocked on my Fiances' iPhone right now (it has been blocked for a few months now). The iPhone is very data intensive, and to get the full experience, one should have data; but it is not required.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you turn on airplane mode it will shut off the cellular antennas and it will only allow the wi-fi to be active. If you want something a tool that is great for toggling Edge, 3g, GPS, Wi-Fi, and a few other features on and off, all of you should check out sbsettings. If allows you to swipe your finger or touch the top of the screen with two fingers at a time and will bring down a menu that can have toggles that you set available right away. It has all the same features as bossprefs and more. If you are interested in fast toggling, especially when the iPhone should switch to Edge from 3G but still holds onto the signal, then this tool is for you.