+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g unlocked - want to use, but don't want to extend contract

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Greetings, I bought an iPhone 2g and have been using it on my T-mobile account, however I am also an AT&T customer. I was having spotty call quality on AT&T
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iphone 2g unlocked - want to use, but don't want to extend contract
    Greetings,

I bought an iPhone 2g and have been using it on my T-mobile account, however I am also an AT&T customer. I was having spotty call quality on AT&T so I wasn't interested in getting the 3g, but would like to use my 2g on AT&T as things are getting better. I was in the AT&T store and asked if I could do so, and they explained that there was a $20 data plan w/200 texts, but that I would have to renew my contract for 2 years in order to have it put onto my account. I wasn't willing to do that.

Does anybody have a different experience? Or, is there a different data plan that offers the same edge data service but just not an iPhone plan? Or, if the AT&T system sees my phone, and they want to put me on a data plan might I have better luck with not having to extend my contract? I don't mind paying the appropriate cost to use my iPhone on AT&T, but certainly don't want to extend my contract.

I appreciate your input!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive been using a blackberry account a little over a year, on my unlocked
    2g. And no problems

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

They haven't put my phone on a data plan. I have a 2g iPhone and AT&T Blue (the really old one).