+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone + Att prepaid, will this fly with apple as a legit activated ATT account

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Curious If possible so i can get my phone serviced, having problems with the touch screen, apple refused to look at it without activated att account
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone + Att prepaid, will this fly with apple as a legit activated ATT account
    Curious If possible so i can get my phone serviced, having problems with the touch screen, apple refused to look at it without activated att account

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thats not gonna work... its not legit and they dont make 20 dollars a month from att for you and they know it. They wont service it the way it is so use a friends iphone account and sim if possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unfortunately i dont know anyone. So im out of options and so frustrated.
    Im about to just open an ATT account, but worried about not getting my deposit back for two months.

Thanks

nevermind

Thanks

hey there's a place here in Mississippi that will service a "non-service-agreement-unlocked" iphone,...pm me and i'll give you the info if you're interested.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, if you activated by failing the credit check (or entered your social security number fake), then you are fine. They will consider that a legit activated one.

But if you hacktivated it through other methods, sorry, they will NOT.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksong12 View Post
    Well, if you activated by failing the credit check (or entered your social security number fake), then you are fine. They will consider that a legit activated one.

But if you hacktivated it through other methods, sorry, they will NOT.
    I tried tonight but it seems that even a fake SSN leads you through the activation just fine... I didn't have the stomach to press the last confirmation button, so I don't know if at the last minute the process gets interrupted, but I can't get stuck in a 2 years contract just for that...

Suggestions?

Thanks

I unplugged my Ethernet cable during the Itunes registration process. It allowed me to get the proper numbers assigned to the phone, pick a number etc. Then the last step when it would verify and start the account I unplugged the data cable. It wrote to the Iphone and then the install choked. Did what I wanted. My SIM was activated on another phone so I dropped it into the Iphone during install. Hope that helped.
    Some people change when they see the light, others when they feel the heat.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know it's been a few days, but I called Apple and they replaced (according to the warranty site) my iPhone. The rep said "it's an apple product, and even if you didn't activate it, we'll service it as long as you didn't modify the software"

AKA wipe it and you should be fine. The warranty on the Apple site says "warranty is not dependent on activation" and if they don't agree, shove that in their faces.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karl.ev View Post
    I know it's been a few days, but I called Apple and they replaced (according to the warranty site) my iPhone. The rep said "it's an apple product, and even if you didn't activate it, we'll service it as long as you didn't modify the software"

AKA wipe it and you should be fine. The warranty on the Apple site says "warranty is not dependent on activation" and if they don't agree, shove that in their faces.
    I know this is an old topic but where exactly on the Apple site does it say "warranty is not dependent on activation." I recently bought used 2G iPhone on eBay but has touchscreen issues. I tried the online check for serial number on the Apple site and it say that my iPhone is not activated yet. My iPhone serial number is a week 30. I don't have AT&T account. I'm on T-Mobile. Is there a way for me to exchange my iPhone at the Apple Store?

Another question, what is the OTB firmware version for week 30 serial number? To those who have consulted with Apple genius, what did they ask from you?
    Last edited by luvmyfone; 08-25-2008 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks

Apple is a douchebag. You have to have an activated phone - meaning, check your Serial Number at https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do and make sure you're listed as Activated. You can argue all you can about the "warranty is not dependent on activation.". They are jack S'es, so don't even bother wasting your time.