Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly MMS - How I got it working

Quote Originally Posted by ikitten View Post
    I honestly do not understand why you all so desperate for MMS .. there are so many other options for sending someone a damn picture . Use Agile Messenger when they release the new version, use email...use SendPic..I'm sure once you have the mms working and all the excitement of sending that special someone a..... GASP ! a picture Woooow ... jeez rally for somethin we RELLY need.. cut and paste. ..stable safari..an update to Winterboard ui... finding out where SpicyChicken is hiding.. besides all of the messing with data plans and switching sim cards " thinking you've tricked AT&T and getting pissed when you get nailed with charges or they take more control of what service we can't and can have ... it's bad enough that they even have a say... Apple will release an MMS app .. not long from now ... so stop whining and complaining.. use the iPhone for the other 3000 things it can do better than you

and the point of your post was what???? ****** TOOL
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinner1649 View Post
    When I called all I said was my job put a program on our phones and it requires us to get ota's resent and vlr cleared. They don't ask any questions. Just letting you all know what I did this time to get it to work. Good luck
    Still no luck

ugh, no luck -__- .

i called and told the lady to enable WAP push, WAP capable, WAP push MMS, and to clear my VLRs and resend my OTAs .

i still get the stupid error of "Failed to send MMS : The Network reported: service denied(pe)

any help ?

i'm on at&t under a family texting plan .

OK I got it working, kind of. I called them today and told them that I have another phone I would like to use for mms. They told it probably would not work because I have the iphone data plan. I told them I have a friend who called them and got it to work and that the tech would just have to enable something. He told me to hang up and try sending myself a mms and he'll call back in 10 minutes to see if its working.

So we got off the phone and I sent myself a test message from swirly. It sent and received just fine. Then I exited swirly then reentered it tried it again and it did not work. When the tech called back, I told him my other phone worked the first time but not a second. He said the "switches got reset" and he would fix it but most likely if it doesn't work I'm basically SOL.

So, figuring I was out of luck, I restart my phone and try swirly again hoping that restarting it would do something. Luckily, it worked again. So I've come to the conclusion that if I restart my phone, swirly will work just fine with sending and receiving as many mms as I want but if I exit the program, I will have to restart the phone again to get it to work.

So basically, I got it to work but I have to restart the phone every time I want to send and receive mms. Its a little inconvenient but hey at least I have mms now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner1649 View Post
    i had mine working a awhile back and then i switched to a different phone....Well i'm back and I have a 3g iphone. My wife now has my 2g. We are on familytalk text unl. All I did to get it work was call in and and have them clear the vlr and resend all ota's. Worked perfect. Settings are:

mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80

image size: medium
    User agent: Samsung BJ2

Everything else blank

Worked on my 3g and wife's 2g.

When I called all I said was my job put a program on our phones and it requires us to get ota's resent and vlr cleared. They don't ask any questions. Just letting you all know what I did this time to get it to work. Good luck
    Worked! I love you. No but really simply told them that I use a razr for MMS and my iPhone for everything else. Needed my account OTA's resent and my VLR's cleared. He said he also needed to make sure my account was "provisioned to send and receive MMS" so make sure you mention this if the tech support does not. Thanks again!

Default 2G with prepaid ver 2.1
    ... I understand your post, but I haven't gotten mine to work as yet. I would prefer not to call att to activate push, and I don't know if using a prepaid account makes any difference.
    I do have txt & mms messaging activated on the account, and have my iphone set to moto v360 settings, but still not working, green "M" and all. I get the fordbidden 405 message.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

you are getting that message because your account has the mms block still enabled.

GUYS WTF IS THIS!? I've been using SwirlyMMS and I was able to have them remove the block on MMS.
    I just got my first bill since then, and I'm being charged separately for MMS. I send/received 19 messages and have an additional charge of $5.95

I thought it was included in in the unlimited text plan!?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

@BarberMods very simple "if you can't beat them, join them" there's so many customers asking for MMS on iphone ATT can't stop everybody so is better for them to make some extra money out of this charging for MMS and let us keep playing and hacking the iphones...

Quote Originally Posted by BarberMods View Post
    GUYS WTF IS THIS!? I've been using SwirlyMMS and I was able to have them remove the block on MMS.
    I just got my first bill since then, and I'm being charged separately for MMS. I send/received 19 messages and have an additional charge of $5.95

I thought it was included in in the unlimited text plan!?
    If your plan says unlimited messaging, then it is included. If your plan says unlimited text messaging, then it is not and you will be charged separately.

Also keep in mind that those of you still having issues, if you follow the instructions in my original post, it will work (I have instructed numerous friends on how to do it with the same results). My guess is that you do not have the correct messaging plan on the account if it is still not working.

Quote Originally Posted by DMod View Post
    If your plan says unlimited messaging, then it is included. If your plan says unlimited text messaging, then it is not and you will be charged separately.

Also keep in mind that those of you still having issues, if you follow the instructions in my original post, it will work (I have instructed numerous friends on how to do it with the same results). My guess is that you do not have the correct messaging plan on the account if it is still not working.
    I have messaging unlimited for families. Did exactly as you described and had them reset online chat. No chages...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello everybody. I have ATT & my MMS use to work with NO problems with a "fake" iphone(Cect P168).I didn't have to call ATT for anything. When I brought my iphone(2g) I just switched SIM cards, in fact I didn't know the iphone couldn't receive MMS until I brought it. So is it a ATT problem or a iphone problem??

Quote Originally Posted by barbermods View Post
    guys wtf is this!? I've been using swirlymms and i was able to have them remove the block on mms.
    I just got my first bill since then, and i'm being charged separately for mms. I send/received 19 messages and have an additional charge of $5.95

i thought it was included in in the unlimited text plan!?
    exactly "unlimmited text"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down Still not working
    I tried everything and it still does not work. I have a family unlimited message plan and nothing Iphone related on the account as far as messaging. I am going to call AT&T tomorrow to try the OTA.

I was on with AT&T for an hour. They did everything I requested (enable MMS, push, OTA, etc). Still does not work. I am not convinced that GQ really has this working. So put me in the category of non-believer.
    Last edited by rjmarsh65; 12-16-2008 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjmarsh65 View Post
    I tried everything and it still does not work. I have a family unlimited message plan and nothing Iphone related on the account as far as messaging. I am going to call AT&T tomorrow to try the OTA.

I was on with AT&T for an hour. They did everything I requested (enable MMS, push, OTA, etc). Still does not work. I am not convinced that GQ really has this working. So put me in the category of non-believer.
    i have had my mms working since October 31st. he does make it happen, just not anymore. and when people are nonbelievers and try calling him out saying it wont work, it just makes the guy not wanna have anything to do with your situation.

GQ wasn't doing anything that you couldn't get accomplished yourself with some persistent social engineering. I can tell you without ever paying anyone a cent, I took the initiative to do the steps prescribed in my original post and have had MMS working ever since.

There are only a few reasons why this might not be working for anyone:

1. MMS is blocked on your account: This is a big problem, some have had success by just asking the rep to enable it because "they need it for switching to other MMS enabled phones". I just called and told them my data wasn't working and I needed an OTA WAP push.

2. You do not have the correct messaging plan on your account: Getting the OTA push alone is not enough. Unless you get the iPhone messaging 200 (or whatever your specific version is) removed from the account and a general messaging plan added (I use the family plan unlimited messaging feature as it was easy to get added over the phone), MMS will not work.

3. Swirly MMS is not setup correctly on your phone: Some people claim different settings work for them, but in the end the most important settings are MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com, proxy: 66.209.11.032. Also, sometimes Swirly itself becomes the problem, try restarting your iPhone, or reinstalling the application. A bright green icon will be on your status bar after the application is started if you are cued in to send/recieve MMS messages. If that icon is not bright green, then it will not work (make sure you have service and sometimes you may need to disable wifi).

4. You are being stonewalled: Despite what the reps are telling you, somewhere along the line they didn't do what needs to be done with your account. Accounts are complicated and never the same (different lines, features, etc). The best way to verify if you have what you need is by checking your online account.

Here is what my online bill says after having these correct features added (Stress I am saying my BILL, because it tells you more than just your features page):

-FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED
    -MEDIA MAX UNL MNET
    Internet Express

*Note that even though my feature page does not mention media max at all and shows my iPhone data plan, this does show up on my bill (no charges) which shows the MMS block was removed.

At this point, I also have an MMS section of my bill (obviously without any charges, but just detailing usage).

I hope that this helps, but just please know MMS does work and just because you cannot get it working doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not Working
    The guy I was working with today actually wanted to make it work and spent a lot of time with me on the phone. I tried everything in this post, including your suggestions. It doesn't work. It may be that you don't have the phone listed as an IPhone in the system, then it will work but you lose all the Iphone features. I have been a member of Nokia, Motorola and A-developers forums for years and have jail broken every one of those phones to work with AT&T, and I can tell you that I am very skeptical that this works without changing an IMEI (Which they suggested). That is not an acceptable solution. GQ should not take it personal, it is just my opinion.

everyone can believe what they want. I know what I did to make my mms work. If it doesn't work for you I am sorry. I could care less if someone doesn't believe me, and I bet GQ doesn't either. The phone has the capability to do mms, you just have to do the work. Some are easier than others. I will tell you this. AT&T does a sweep on my account every 13th of the month since my billing cycle ends. I have to call every month because of this sweep, because it gets disabled. I then call in and say I need all ota's pushed to my phone and the vlr cleared. They always ask why. I simply say I have an app that I use for work and it uses the internet it has stopped working and Ive called in before about it and this is what they told me they did to fix it. It works everytime, doesnt take no more than a five minute phone call. If it doesn't work for you then I am sorry. I will also tell you this, It has to do with your media net also because I get media net alerts on my iphone. Just letting everyone know that mine works and has for a long time.(and thats without changing my imei or anything)

Quote Originally Posted by rjmarsh65 View Post
    The guy I was working with today actually wanted to make it work and spent a lot of time with me on the phone. I tried everything in this post, including your suggestions. It doesn't work. It may be that you don't have the phone listed as an IPhone in the system, then it will work but you lose all the Iphone features. I have been a member of Nokia, Motorola and A-developers forums for years and have jail broken every one of those phones to work with AT&T, and I can tell you that I am very skeptical that this works without changing an IMEI (Which they suggested). That is not an acceptable solution. GQ should not take it personal, it is just my opinion.
    I am listed as an iPhone 3G in the system, and have never even switched my SIM card into another phone. My IMEI number remains unchanged and I have all the iPhone features. It works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMod View Post
    I am listed as an iPhone 3G in the system, and have never even switched my SIM card into another phone. My IMEI number remains unchanged and I have all the iPhone features. It works.
    same here. i am on a family plan with messaging unlimited. my wife has a pantech duo and i have the 3G. i believe the messaging plan is key once your account is provisioned with the right settings thru at&t and in your swirly. my wife has thought about getting an iphone, but i dont really want her to get one because our messaging plan will change. if they change your messaging to the iphone messaging package your screwed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast