+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT Questions

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok I know some of you would be pretty mad for me asking this since I seen some threads talking about this case but I just want to make sure.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation ATT Questions
    Ok I know some of you would be pretty mad for me asking this since I seen some threads talking about this case but I just want to make sure.

I have a 2G iPhone which was my brothers since he bought the 3G he gave me his. The phone is unlocked/jailbroken and I put my sim card and everything works fine.

The question is if i dont have EDGE in my plan and since i turned it off in BossPrefs would i be charge extra or something??? (just to let you guys know the internet is not working since i have it off) I will eventually add the data plan (since i heard they force you to get it), but is it safe to use the iPhone even if you dont have EDGE???

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

if edge is off and u cannot make calls or connect to internet. You should be fine, you should be still able to use safari with wifi with no problems
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no u don't understand I'm currently using the iPhone 2G which is unlocked so my question is is it safe to use it w/o the activation or the data plan??

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

um.. if ur plan supports those features then it would not be a problem, if you dont pay for them then using there data network with an iphone you will be raped with charges.. And use it for what an ipod an ipod yes a phone and internet device no u will be charged but if they are not on on ur plan it prob wont work. Your question is still a little weird dont make much sense to me. Maybe a rephrasing of the question would result i a better answer
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry about the confusion...

Ok first things first: Im am currently in a family plan with lots of minutes and text but no internet access.

1) Can I use an unlocked iPhone 2G v2.1 instead of my razor?

2) Would I be charged for the EDGE that the phone uses even though is turned off and the internet doesnt work even if its on. If I use it would I start racking up fees even if the internet doesnt work?

btw I tested the phone with my sim for a lil bit and it worked just fine...I hope this helps understand what Im trying to say...thanks

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess where we are unclear is whether or not you are on ATT or not. If you are on ATT they receive your IMEI and will eventually charge you for internet wether you like it or not. If you are on TMO, however, even if you have edge on you won;t be charge. At least in my experience with edge on or off if you don;t have a data plan you can't transfer data.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Spam^^^^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (10-03-2011)