+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help me get this straight.

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I may be able to get my neighbors 2g iphone since they just bought a 3g (i have no issues activating, unlocking, jailbreaking. I have had an ipodtouch since september,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Please help me get this straight.
    I may be able to get my neighbors 2g iphone since they just bought a 3g (i have no issues activating, unlocking, jailbreaking. I have had an ipodtouch since september, and jailbroken first day. no issues there).

Help me get this straight. If i buy a go phone, the $.25 per minute plan and put that sim in an unlocked iphone 2g, i will be able to make calls. Correct? add airtime just the same way.

My main question is that if I ADD ON (yelling not intended, cap'ed for importance) the UNLIMITED MEdia Net i will be able to have edge, subtracting only $19.99 a month. Am i correct?

When i activate the go phone i just use the imei (or whatever) number on the iphone and not the go phone correct?

edit: if i put in the go phones imei number (whatever it is dont remember the letters) will it still work? I read that somebody got a threating message. Will the data that i asked about and calling still work?
    Thank you very much.

also, i don't want to do the $1 a day plan. that basically defeats the whole purpose of what i want, although if that is my only option, i will try it.
    Last edited by ipodtouch1234; 08-19-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You would need to fake activate it, and maybe unlock it. The media net should work just fine. Just keep an eye on your account. Now you mean 1st Gen right? 2G implies 2nd Gen, the newest iPhone..

The IMEI should not matter.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 08-19-2008 at 05:08 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    right, i would have winpwn unlock and activate it. Thats not the issue. I just want to know if the .25/min non-daily charge go phone plan with the unlimited media net will work. The unlimited media net will grant me full internet access right? mail, any web page in safari correct? and yes, it is the first iphone. But 2g i believe implies the old one. 3g is the new one.

27 views? 1 reply? any advice or ideas where i can get the info?
    Last edited by ipodtouch1234; 08-19-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok, now i just want prepaid data. No texting or voice. So, can i use the $19.95 media net unlimited data plan with the $0.25/min plan? i dont want to pay $1 per day. This media net allows me to browse any site right? And all the applications, including mail work? Please! I really need this information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    2G implies 2nd Gen, the newest iPhone..
    I always thought it meant 2g as in 2g (edge) speeds.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    I always thought it meant 2g as in 2g (edge) speeds.
    you and i are correct. But can somebody please answer my problem at hand? Can i use the unlimited media net, which is the $20 data plan, with the prepaid go phone sim with the $0.25/minute NON $1 a day plan?

also, do i have to unlock to use this on 2.0? or can i just pop it right in. I know that it needs to be activated.
    Last edited by ipodtouch1234; 08-20-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost