+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning for AT&T iPhone users with a jailbroken phone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I guess the rule of thumb is don't mess with stuff unless you understand all the ramifications. If you used your current ATT sim and it did not have data,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I guess the rule of thumb is don't mess with stuff unless you understand all the ramifications. If you used your current ATT sim and it did not have data, you would be defaulted to the pay-per-packet plan.

A costly mistake, unless you switched off edge. Use of WIFI should never have ATT charges and you cannot accidentally surf onto the ATT Wifi network without an ID and password.

If you are already a ATT customer (which I think you are), then add whatever data plan is unlimited and on sale (provided you have bypassed activation). If you add the iphone data plan, and activate normally, you will automatically have your contract extended by 2 years .... so understand your choices.

Generally the iphone data and the best normal data plan are a wash on price....its the 2 year lock that makes the difference

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hm, can you be more specific? Obviously, when roaming outside AT&T's coverage area, you pay. You also pay, if you're using one of the for-pay WiFi hotspots, but you can't even get on the internet with these without first paying, so that's a no-brainer.

So really, if you see AT&T as your service, you should be able to use the internet as much as you want and not get billed extra. If you do, I would fight that.

Note: SMS is NOT part of internet usage, that uses the GSM signaling channels to transmit the data, which does not change the fact that ANY charge for SMS is a rip-off, because you probably transmit more data over the same channels if you dial a phone number and hang up before the call is connected, and you don't pay for that.
    Note 2: that's likely why there's no IM client installed on the iPhone, because it would allow users to bypass the extremely lucrative SMS system and use the flat-rate internet to send all the IMs they want, rather than to use SMS that cost an arm and a leg.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am new to this.... i have a iphone with AT&T that i up graded to 1.1.3 using itunes 7.6 is there a way to hack it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is anyone out there?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am new to this iphone hacking. can you help me?

Last edited by jsabater; 02-10-2008 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when i try to jailbreak my iphone it shows a ? in blue i am not sure what to do

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am an AT&T customer, but I don't have a data plan. The data plan has been completely cut off and disconnected and I can't connect to it at all. Would it be okay if I just jailbreak and activate the iPhone and use it without having any other monthly charges? I am also new to hacking the iPhone. Thanks.

Thanks

My bill is only $40 a month and I get unlimited text, visual voicemail, unlimited data (email and web)...

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the $20 unlimited and wifi is always free with no sim card inserted.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsabater View Post

Wrong forum...Try "Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading" and / or "Unlocking / Activation" forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by D_NGUYEN View Post
    I am an AT&T customer, but I don't have a data plan. The data plan has been completely cut off and disconnected and I can't connect to it at all. Would it be okay if I just jailbreak and activate the iPhone and use it without having any other monthly charges?
    Other than your monthly phone charges, yes you can...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 04-05-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: More Noob info...
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually its true. I was charged even though i used my wireless thing at the Kuwait airport during a layover. Even if you switch off your edge through services it would re-enable it again is there is a weak wifi connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That is some serious bologna (ba*lone*eee). I have Tmobile and their $20 internet (just in case Im not in a wifi zone. I havent seen a data charge, ever.

My Iphone is tripping now and basically a brick since the lower portion of the screen quit working. Brace yourselves iphone lovers, cuz I think this may become a pandemic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my phones is jailbroken and unlocked. no extra edge charges here. you mihgt wanna check that out

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12