Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free texting?

Default Free texting?
    I was looking into unlocked iphones and was thinking about purchasing one. I use AT&T, and i have free texting with my plan. I was wondering if I would be charged anything extra if I texted with my sim in an unlocked sim card?

aenema6x
    Nope, But why would you need to have an unlocked iphone with AT&T? Are you planning on using different sim cards in it or just trying to get around the 2 year contract bull?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

he probbly doesnt want the 2 year add on to his contract. i dont know if it would work like that. maybe play around texting for a day then checking your account online
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone Loyalty's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you'll be fine since you have unlimited texting. The one thing I would strongly suggest though is just getting the iPhone unlimited data plan ($40 for unlimited data and texting). There are quite a few features I use on a regular basis on my iPhone that involves using the EDGE network. If you try to bypass putting an iPhone plan on your phone you can QUICKLY rack up some huge charges using EDGE (even if used by mistake).