+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone/iPhone with tmobile ?s

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello All, I have some questions on the iPhone. I currently have a Palm Treo 680 on Tmo with the BB connect $20 internet plan. All of these questions would
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone/iPhone with tmobile ?s
    Hello All,

I have some questions on the iPhone. I currently have a Palm Treo 680 on Tmo with the BB connect $20 internet plan. All of these questions would refer to a iPhone on Tmo...Please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm pretty overwhelmed by this whole process...

Can the iPhone stream internet radio? The internet radio file is .m3u

Does the iPhone have a "tasks" program; something where I can prioritize a list of things to do...

Does it have push email? I don't think that it does, and if that is the case, is there any plans to get push email?

What is your opinion of the calendar app? Is it easy to add/edit entry's?

How is internet browsing with the BB connect plan?

Unlock questions----

Tomorrow, if I were go to the Apple store and buy an iPhone, could I be using it successfully, fully featured, on tmobile tomorrow evening? I don't need an ATT sim do I?

Can someone unlock an iPhone with not much "tech" experience, but is great at following instructions?

Which tutorial should I use to unlock an iPhone...There seems to be quite a few different ones out there, both text and video....

Doing the above process, is there any chance my iPhone could be bricked? I believe all I'd have to be careful about is upgrading to the latest firmware....If there is a chance, could you give it a percentage?

Thanks a lot for your help,

A frustrated Treo owner...

Thanks

to answer one of your questions, no if you went out and bought an iphone it most likely will have the 1.1.1 firmware on it which means right now, you would be paying for an unlock. wait a few days and then we'll see...

if you wanted an iphone that came unlocked so you wouldnt have to do it yourself, i know mark, the owner of hacktheiphone.com is looking to get rid of his.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purdue1014 View Post
    Hello All,

I have some questions on the iPhone. I currently have a Palm Treo 680 on Tmo with the BB connect $20 internet plan. All of these questions would refer to a iPhone on Tmo...Please forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions, I'm pretty overwhelmed by this whole process...

Can the iPhone stream internet radio? The internet radio file is .m3u

Does the iPhone have a "tasks" program; something where I can prioritize a list of things to do...

Does it have push email? I don't think that it does, and if that is the case, is there any plans to get push email?

What is your opinion of the calendar app? Is it easy to add/edit entry's?

How is internet browsing with the BB connect plan?

Unlock questions----

Tomorrow, if I were go to the Apple store and buy an iPhone, could I be using it successfully, fully featured, on tmobile tomorrow evening? I don't need an ATT sim do I?

Can someone unlock an iPhone with not much "tech" experience, but is great at following instructions?

Which tutorial should I use to unlock an iPhone...There seems to be quite a few different ones out there, both text and video....

Doing the above process, is there any chance my iPhone could be bricked? I believe all I'd have to be careful about is upgrading to the latest firmware....If there is a chance, could you give it a percentage?

Thanks a lot for your help,

A frustrated Treo owner...
    Thanks a lot, I'll check that out, you were a big help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

1. for internet i would suggest the 5.99 tzones, not as fast as total internet but very close, only downside is youtube doesnt function 100%

if price isnt an option stick to $20 total internet

if you text, get myfavs and it takes your text down to 10 a month
    so you get ultd to 5 people, ultd nights, ultd weekends, ultd text, starting at $50

2. my friend has a server with radio streams on it but its down so i cant give you a yes or no to that right now, but i wouldnt recommend it because that would devastate your battery life

3. to my knowledge there are 3rd party task managing apps

4.im not sure what push email is but you can setup most imap and pop3 accounts on the phone, try googling a solution/settings

5.calendar app works good, i use it for work/class every day, as good or better than most other smart phones ive used

6. as for total internet plan i have not tried it but on tzones and sidekick plans i got anywhere from 156kbps to 200 something so decent.

7.phone comes with an ATT sim in it and no you dont need it. 1.1.1 is hackable but good luck with that right now

8.im pretty tech savvy and i took it as a challenge throught command line but now there are many push-button apps that do the hacking for you so its not too bad at all.

9.the tutorials on this page are pretty good i think
    hackintosh is good too

10.im a firm believer in , you cant ruin hardware with software issues but at the moment the only way ive heard of anyone "bricking" their phone is by having it unlocked on older firmware and then going to 1.1.1 and since you are buying an iphone now they all have 1.1.1 on them so no worries

11.hope i helped
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart