+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Block updates on iPhone iPad?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't want the updates from Apple, because I will want to jailbreak my 6.1.14 when it comes out. My iPad updates automatically, and my iPhone 5 did so automatically
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default Block updates on iPhone iPad?
    I don't want the updates from Apple, because I will want to jailbreak my 6.1.14 when it comes out. My iPad updates automatically, and my iPhone 5 did so automatically at the T-Mobile store.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Tx

Thanks

Yes there is. Several apps at cydia prevent this. Use them all!!

Thanks
    Well, AFAIK, I can't use Cydia because I can't jailbreak because I have too new a version. I don't want to update so I can jailbreak.

Now there's an update just waiting to happen and I want it to stay away from my iPhone so I can jailbreak and install Cydia!

Thanks

Install IFAITH on your PC computer. This works with all iPhones iPads etc to store the unique SHSH blob files to cydia. No jailbreak required. Later if you want you can downgrade and install a jailbroken version of IOS. Just have to synchronize IFAITH upon every IOS update apple pushes out.

Else you must jailbreak to block IOS updates. Which are semi-automatic

Thanks
    If I install ifaith will I be able to use cydia without jailbreaking? Can I avoid my iPhone 5's updating by not going to iTunes? I suppose my iPad will update automatically no matter what, but I think I have to do something. And will I have to do something complicated to install iFaith? I've never heard of it before!

Thanks

Correct. Do not use iTunes.

You will
    Not get OVER THE AIR update unless you hit that button.

IFAITH is just a bookmark for the old version of IOS software. You would still need to get the old version and adapt it with more complicated tools.

Thanks
    I don't know what "that" button is. And, as I see more about the update to 7, I think it might be providing the things I want from Cydia. Not sure. At this point I need to do more research, because jailbreaking is such a PITA to me, but not having some Cydia features is also a PITA.