Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone still has edge

Default Iphone still has edge
    Ok i have a factory unlocked iphone 5 that im using with tmobile but im still on EDGE shouldnt i be on 3g or 4g now? i updated my bundles so i do have visual voicemail and my apn is fast.tmobile.com and my LTE apn is blank anyhelp..

and on the back of the phone it says my model number is a1428
    Last edited by caretr; 04-18-2013 at 04:55 PM.

i restored it like new again and i had the 14.0 bundle but still only hadd edge now i updated to 14.1 and i still have edge...

my Cell Data apn is fast.t-mobile same for LTE and mms and i checked the tmobile coverage map and my area is suppose to be good

ImageUploadedByModMyi1366565395.236278.jpg
    Your going to need the new post April 2013 iPhone 5 that supports 1700(upload)/2100(download)MHz frequencies on the AWS spectrum.

Thanks

Since T-Mobile uses EE network infrastructure in many areas there're actually 2 EE networks (EE and EE 3G). Just check in carrier options which one you're using.

Is tmobile done with expanding the 1900 towers ? Because I'm only a hour away from 3G coverage which aucks

Nope additional will continue with the roll out on LTE

Thanks

Why didn't you just buy an iphone 5 from T-Mobile? That's what I did. Unlocking an iphone for T-Mobile wont get you 4G since the T-Mobile ones are made specifically for their network. The best you'll get is 3G

Thanks
    Thanked 10,199 Times in 6,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tadashii18 View Post
    Why didn't you just buy an iphone 5 from T-Mobile? That's what I did. Unlocking an iphone for T-Mobile wont get you 4G since the T-Mobile ones are made specifically for their network. The best you'll get is 3G
    I think you may be incorrect, for me, my 4S and my 5 (both bought from Apple unlocked) receive 4G speeds. Average 10/12 meg. down and 2/4 meg. up.