Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile iphone 5 firmware

Default tmobile iphone 5 firmware
    I just received an i5 in the mail (tmobile). Can anyone tell me if firmware is updated when restoring from a backup? I am currently on 6.1.3 and it was my understanding that some, maybe not all iphones from tmbobile were on 6.1.2. The phone I received via mail is a 32gb. Units in stores were limited to just 16 so I ordered online. When I went into a store last week the 16gb phones on display were 6.1.2

Thanks!

Hey, it's almost July. I picked up my phone yesterday and it's on Version 6.1.4 (10B350)

Yeah I've been stuck without a jb on 6.1.4 for a while now. I bought mine in April hoping it was running 6.1.2. 16gb Units in stores at that time had 6.1.2 installed but I ordered a 32. Received in mail with 6.1.3.

So, Steve, even a 6.1.3 cannot be jailbroken? Sigh.

Unfortunately not. It could be months until we see another jb (ios 7.X)..if we are lucky. At this point I would be happy just to see a jb before the end of the year. This is my 4th iphone and the only one I've had without a jb. Pretty much sucks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steve11 For This Useful Post:

phineasboggs (07-04-2013)

Well, Steve, I'm in virtually the exact same boat including that I have had 4 iphones too (no joke) and all were jailbroken. And, like you, I can see it sucks. I haven't had this phone for a week yet, and I'm missing my old jbkn ones. Too bad I was uncomfortable with a new JB!

Sorry you're having the PITA problem too, but misery loves company! Thanks.