Results 1 to 18 of 18

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Tmobile carrier "LTE" update for iphones

  1. #1
    Default Tmobile carrier "LTE" update for iphones
    So I gave in trying to restore my iphone as 6.1.2 and I needed to get it usable again.

    I ended up restoring it to 6.1.3. luckily, i had it factory jailbroken (I don't know if that's the right term, I got AT&T to unlock it while it was still 6.0.1) so I don't need to jailbreak/unlock it.

    I'm assuming because it's 6.1.3 and I occasionally get 3G signal that I also have the tmobile carrier update?
    I'm not completely sure because I don't have visual voicemail or anything else that was mentioned in the update except for faster speeds (which, I know, isn't LTE speeds).

    I was wondering if there was some manual way I can download the update or do I just wait for the OTA update, in which case, I still wouldn't be notified of it, would I?

  2. #2
    if you updated to 6.1.3 then you are no longer able to JB your phone.

    you can still have it unlocked by ATT and that is never going to be an issue.

    when the carrier update is ready/available, you will get prompted. you will know if its installed as there will be a LTE tab under your cellular settings.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbrain View Post
    if you updated to 6.1.3 then you are no longer able to JB your phone.

    you can still have it unlocked by ATT and that is never going to be an issue.

    when the carrier update is ready/available, you will get prompted. you will know if its installed as there will be a LTE tab under your cellular settings.
    You misread the unlocking/jailbreaking.

    "when the carrier update is ready/available, you will get prompted. you will know if its installed as there will be a LTE tab under your cellular settings."

    This was the answer I was actually looking for. I didn't know I'd be prompted. I thought the update was being rolled out on 4/5, nationwide?

  4. #4
    from you ip5

    1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear



    -631212-t-mobile-releases-carrier-software-update-unlocked-iphone-5-units-t-mobile_lte.png

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    from you ip5

    1. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
    2. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, a prompt will appear



    -631212-t-mobile-releases-carrier-software-update-unlocked-iphone-5-units-t-mobile_lte.png
    yeah, i just downloaded it. I'm in boston and the LTE coverage is spotty. They're using separate towers between their 4G service for android phones and iPhones, right?

  6. #6
    What gives?? I did the carrier update and now my data speeds are WAY slower than before. How's that possible??? And signal goes in and out, it never did that before..
    Also, is there any way to disable the visual vm feature also?
    Last edited by mustangfrnk; 04-08-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    So what go's in LTE APN Line
    Mms proxy
    Mms ua prof URL ImageUploadedByModMyi1365463341.871186.jpg

  8. #8
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,915
    Thanks
    3,843
    Thanked 9,925 Times in 6,060 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfrnk View Post
    What gives?? I did the carrier update and now my data speeds are WAY slower than before. How's that possible??? And signal goes in and out, it never did that before..
    Ditto, I had faster speeds on 3G then I do now. sux

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Ditto, I had faster speeds on 3G then I do now. sux
    What's the apn settings for LTE

  10. #10
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,915
    Thanks
    3,843
    Thanked 9,925 Times in 6,060 Posts

    fast.t-mobile.com

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    fast.t-mobile.com
    For all APN's

    Update erased 3G tuggle bummer

  12. #12
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,915
    Thanks
    3,843
    Thanked 9,925 Times in 6,060 Posts

    Nope, Cellular data is still epc.t-mobile.com

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Nope, Cellular data is still epc.t-mobile.com
    That's what I had then when I did update it all change to fast.t-mobile.com on its own

  14. #14
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,915
    Thanks
    3,843
    Thanked 9,925 Times in 6,060 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    For all APN's

    Update erased 3G tuggle bummer
    Mine has a 4G toggle now.

  15. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Mine has a 4G toggle now.
    Wow Mines don't

  16. #16
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,915
    Thanks
    3,843
    Thanked 9,925 Times in 6,060 Posts

    So weird that devices have different settings with this update, wonder if where we live is the difference, I doubt it.
    My 4s received the same settings as my 5 with this update, and on both phones I have half the speed (up and down) as I did before on 3G.

  17. #17
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nj
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    So weird that devices have different settings with this update, wonder if where we live is the difference, I doubt it.
    My 4s received the same settings as my 5 with this update, and on both phones I have half the seed as I did before on 3G.
    Yes weird there's always a glitch with update's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    Yes weird there's always a glitch with update's
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1365470876.365905.jpg

  18. #18
    My 3G is spotty. No LTE settings also all apn says fast.tmobile.com

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •