Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wasted too much time on this retarded phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry wasted too much time on this retarded phone
    so i just bought my friends olg iphone 3gs off of him, cuz i broke my old phone.
    so i thought it would be easy to unlock it and use it with t-mobile. and well i was stupid to think that. about 1 hour ago, it was running ios 6.0 and it was jailbroken, and i installed ultrasn0w to unlock it and that didnt work, so i read around on the web and tried to install ultrasn0w fixer, but it wouldnt let me because it said i dont have ultrasnow 1.2.7, WHICH I DID HAVE. so i took it to t-mobile and let them have a look at it, but they were retarded and didnt know anything. so they called apple for me, and the rep told me the iphone was still locked to at&t according to their files. so i needed to try to unlock it another way. so i updated it and now it was in a recovery loop for about 4 hours, so i had to end up restoring it since recboot didnt work. and now its stuck on the activation screen. and i dont have the at&t sim card that he had in it to activate it. so i need a way to get it working, without paying any money
    i really need some help, this thing is taking up all my time

The easiest to unlock is to pay for an imei unlock. Some are still doing it on the internet (eBay) I'm not sure if UnlockFusion is still doing for around $2. This way you will save yourself a lot of headache with preserving baseband, searching for latest UltraSn0w... etc.

If you still don't want to spend any money. Below are the steps, however, you may want to google for the latest info as outline below:

1. Verify that your 3gs has UltraSn0w unlockable baseband (04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.13.01, 05.12.01 and 06.15.00). If so, skip step 2.

2. *** IMPORTANT ****: Google to verify that your 3gs is upgradable to an iPad baseband. If it's a newer model with a Toshiba chipset, DON'T EVER do it. Stop here and pay for an imei unlock. Otherwise, it will make your iphone unusable (iPod only). In later 3gs models, Apple has replaced Qualcomm chip with Toshiba; thus, making it incompatible with Redsn0w. A lot of people accidentally tried to upgrade these to iPad baseband and got a useless iPhone instead (can be used as an iPod)

Once you're certain that the 3gs baseband is compatible then continue...

3. Following this guide to jailbreak (assuming it has latest firmware iOS 6.1.2), otherwise, google for a correct tutorial:
    Jailbreak iOS 6.1.2 Untethered On iPhone 5, 4S, iPod touch And All Other Devices Using Evasi0n [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

4. Modify baseband to 5.13.4 by following this guide:
    Downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 Baseband For Unlock And Working GPS [How-To] | Redmond Pie

5. Unlock using this guide:
    Unlock iOS 6 On iPhone 4 And iPhone 3GS Using Ultrasn0w Fixer | Redmond Pie
    Note: I'm not sure if MuscleNerd has release an official UltraSn0w for iOS 6.1.x yet. You may want to google and check

Good luck
    Last edited by hcgaloi; 02-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.