+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone4 6.0.1 restricted network.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Iphone4 6.0.1 restricted network. I get the following message when i put in my sim card. I use t-mobile USA. "Restricted Network" Your selected cellular network is restricted. you can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Iphone4 6.0.1 restricted network.
    Iphone4 6.0.1

restricted network.

I get the following message when i put in my sim card. I use t-mobile USA.
    "Restricted Network"
    Your selected cellular network is restricted. you can choose a different network in settings.

I unlocked it at unlock an iphone .org

they have sent me an email saying it is unlocked.

but i still cannot get it to work with t-mobile.

I put in my sim card and when connected to itunes it shows my telephone number in the summary so i know its reading the card to some degree.i
    i just dont know what else to do.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have already reset the phone settings restored in itunes and tried just about everything i could find on the web.

the only other thing i can think about is that it is blacklisted.
    but would they not have found out when they unlocked it?

hit me up with whatever you have concerning this problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Have you tried contacting their support to see if they could help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default yep
    yeah but they ask for a 19.95 customer service fee at apple. but luckily the girl who answered said she did not want to take my money, and suggested that i call my cellular service carrier instead. I'm just waiting for them to open today at 9:00 am.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When u connected to iTunes did it give you the congratulations your iphone is unlocked screen??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope bcause it was jailbroken. When its jailbroken it doesnt give you the message.

Thanks

Sprint iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Deactivate it in redsn0w (extras). Put the tmobile sim in then connect to iTunes. That should give you the congratulations message.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default thanks for the help guys
    I tried everything and still no dice. I even paid someone to unlock it for me, both here in my hometown and online . and nothing has fixed the problem. its probably a bad phone.

oh well you lose some you win some.

thanks for you help.

Jesus

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the exact same problem. I called AT&T directly, you can get their support number from their web site. I let them know exactly what I was doing (unlocked iPhone 4 for use with T Mobile USA that I bought 3rd party). I needed to know if the phone has been reported lost or stolen and does it show that the device is factory unlocked. The rep told me that the device is factory unlocked, not reported lost or stolen and should be ready to use with any carrier.

I still get the same message, restricted network. I also switched the network to AT&T and got the same message. But, when I put an AT&T sim in the phone, it works just fine.

I believe is has to be a software issue, but something that must be handled by the right person in the IT department. I still have not found that person.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DEACTIVATE IT THROUGH REDSN0W. I did and now I can't get pass the activation screen

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyngen View Post
    WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DEACTIVATE IT THROUGH REDSN0W. I did and now I can't get pass the activation screen
    Even with an AT&T SIM? Oh dear... you had seen the "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked!" message in iTunes, yes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have an at&t sim. so I'm stuck. Yeah I got the "Congratulations" message and I even confirmed by calling AT&T support. They verified that it was unlocked and not blacklisted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyngen View Post
    I don't have an at&t sim. so I'm stuck. Yeah I got the "Congratulations" message and I even confirmed by calling AT&T support. They verified that it was unlocked and not blacklisted.
    Can you hacktivate it with redsn0w (use an iOS 6.0 IPSW and "Just Boot" even if already untethered on the jailbreak, that SHOULD boot the device past the activation screen) and install SAM (available free at the Cydia repository repo.bingner.com) on the device? Once SAM is on there, you can experiment a bit with what SIMs/fake SIMs will activate the phone. I'd try AT&T (MCC/MNC 310-410, the ICCID should start "8901 410"), T-Mobile USA (MCC/MNC 310-260, the ICCID should start "8901 260"), and a couple of international carriers (maybe some in the UK, Canada, or Japan... or whatever strikes your fancy).

SAM will allow you to deactivate your phone at will, so iTunes will reactivate it upon connection (hopefully). See what carriers the phone will work with, if any.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone has not been jailbroken. It's 6.1.3 firmware and I don't think there's a jailbreak out for it yet. Will it still work with "just boot"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, got it activated again. Took it to AT&T store and told them I updated the phone, it is factory unlocked but it's stuck in activation mode. My sim would not activate it because it's not reading my T-Mobile sim and AT&T suggested I take to AT&T store for them to try for me with sim. That worked, but now I'm back where I started. NO SERVICE with T-Mobile sim on factory unlocked iphone 4 and restricted carrier.

ANY PROGRESS WITH ANYONE ELSE?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only time I got a 'Restricted Network' message was on a SIM that is no longer active (for example if the SIM is blocked from being used due to theft, the account is no longer active or was the account was being ported out).

You might check to make sure your T-Mobile account is up to date and active.

Other than that, I don't think the unlock was completed correctly.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's the thing. I used the same sim (the one that got the Restricted Network) in another unlocked iPhone 4 and it worked just fine. Took the sim out of the working unlocked iPhone 4 and put it in the non-working iPhone 4 and got the same message, Restricted Network. Two different sims, two different phones, same result on one phone - Restricted Network.