+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade & Downgrade

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Let me explain everything before I ask questions. I have t iphones 3gs currently running 5.0.1, they both have 06.15.00 baseband,. I bought one jailbroken and the other I did
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Upgrade & Downgrade
    Let me explain everything before I ask questions. I have t iphones 3gs currently running 5.0.1, they both have 06.15.00 baseband,. I bought one jailbroken and the other I did it myself using redsnow.

One of them can not connect to cydia anymore. I want to update to 5.1.1 because some aplications can't update anymore. I also want to downgrade my baseband to make the gps work.

If I downgrade the baseband will the gps work?

I have been reading about it. Apparently, I can use absinthe 2 (easier than redsnow) to jailbreak but I think I need to use redsnow because absinthe don't hacktivate, I don't have a att sim to activate it.

What should I useto jailbrake, Any suggestion? can I activate with a tmobile card?

I also installed itunes to do it but for some reason when I try to restore the phone itunes can't see the file because is a zip file instead of an ipsw file.

Am I doing something wrong?

I tried with a laptop with XP and also with a desktop with windows 7 x64 same results.

Thanks for your help.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by algtz12 View Post
    Let me explain everything before I ask questions. I have t iphones 3gs currently running 5.0.1, they both have 06.15.00 baseband,. I bought one jailbroken and the other I did it myself using redsnow.

One of them can not connect to cydia anymore. I want to update to 5.1.1 because some aplications can't update anymore. I also want to downgrade my baseband to make the gps work.

If I downgrade the baseband will the gps work? Yes

I have been reading about it. Apparently, I can use absinthe 2 (easier than redsnow) to jailbreak but I think I need to use redsnow because absinthe don't hacktivate, I don't have a att sim to activate it.

What should I useto jailbrake, Any suggestion? can I activate with a tmobile card? If you have the new bootrom then you can use redsn0w to jb then install rockyraccon or use absinthe. Both do the same thing. You will not be able to activate with a tmobile card. This has to be factory unlock before you can do that. If you need unlocking services PM me.

I also installed itunes to do it but for some reason when I try to restore the phone itunes can't see the file because is a zip file instead of an ipsw file. Where are you downloading your ISPW? (iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From)

Am I doing something wrong? I believe so.

I tried with a laptop with XP and also with a desktop with windows 7 x64 same results.

Use my video to downgrade or Re-restore. (How to downgrade or restore using Redsn0w - No Tinyumbrella or iTunes!! - YouTube)

Thanks for your help.
    I would suggest you downgrade your BB before restoring

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was able to downgrade the baseband on the phone using redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2.

I need to drive around so I check if the gps works.

I was using Internet explorer so it download as zip file, apparently all I need to do is change the file extension and itunes will be able to see it.

I found this video, How To: Hacktivate iPhone 3GS & 4 on 5.1.1 (Activate without Sim Card) | iHelpCorner

If I want to upgrade to 5.1.1 do I need to follow those directions or use itunes to restore with the new file 5.1.1 then jailbrake?

Thanks.