+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 ios 6 unlocked without sam tickets or factory unlock

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so today i got a call from a friend that i had jail broken his iphone 4 and she said that she had accidentally started the update to 6.0 after
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 ios 6 unlocked without sam tickets or factory unlock
    so today i got a call from a friend that i had jail broken his iphone 4 and she said that she had accidentally started the update to 6.0 after she was on the 04.12.02 baseband which i jailbroke ages before sam with the good ole redsnow 9b10 at 5.0.1 puting it up to 5.1.1 with the ipsw. anyways she pulled it out of the computer half way through updating and it bricked it and it would just keep shutting off so i redownloaded the 5.1.1 ipsw for gsm iphone and tried restoring that through there it didnt quite work so i downloaded 6.0 and used that and it updated and started up and tmobile popped up i kinda got no idea how it worked but she is now on ios 6 with tmobile working great as far as i can tell. and theres no ultrasnow or cydia on there to speak of it wierd

i was thinking it might be the way i jailbroke it in the first place by having it at 5.0.1 and then selecting 5.1.1 as the custom ipsw to jailbreak it seemed to work but cydia wouldnt work. so i just left it cuz she doesnt use it for much more than instagram and txting. so when it updated it was all good.

any ideas people? i got pics on the way from imgur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Iphone 4 ios 6 unlocked without sam tickets or factory unlock-photo-6-.jpg   Iphone 4 ios 6 unlocked without sam tickets or factory unlock-photo-7-.jpg  
    Last edited by monkepro; 09-20-2012 at 08:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You restore from backup afterwards? You probably restore the SAM activation tickets.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Seems like that's ^ what happened somehow. That's awesome though. Hope Simon comes in here, he'll probably know what happened with it. Anyhow, I'd really highly suggest you cover up the IMEI on those pictures. There are some bad seeds out there who can take that IMEI and use it.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Simple, the phone is factory/officially unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i swear the phone isnt factory unlocked i never paid a red cent. i got no idea what happened with it! i didnt use sam though which is wierd all i did was jailbreak it back in like april or something when it was 5.0.1 i used the 5.1.1 custom ipsw and it worked on that wierd baseband for tmobile then the rest just happened? is there a way it could have gotten unlocked by apple? by mistake or soemthing?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

Dont know how or who did it, but it is factory unlocked. Check the IMEI here: iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

did she buy the phone used? or is she the first owner of it?
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nice, lol. I'm curious to know but if that were me I wouldn't care haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

that is really wierd i check the number on that website and it says status:unlocked so im really confused as to how that happened and no she bought it used from her friend. so i got no idea whats going on. but thats just great that its working that way now because the first time i had to jailbreak it. cuz i tested it right away with the tmobile sim and it didnt work. it must have gotten unlocked some how since i jailbroke it the first time

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you didn't use SAM how was your phone unlocked before? Were you using a gevey? 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 do not have unlockable basebands via ultrasnow. Unless you have been using custom firmware since 4.0 with the 01.59.xx baseband your phone shouldn't have been working preupdate either. Maybe you were factory unlocked all along and just didn't know it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The device was a factory unlocked device at the time of purchase. There is no real mystery here.