Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile HSPA upgrade in HI

Default T-mobile HSPA upgrade in HI
    Does anyone know when t-mobile will be rolling out it's iPhone compatible network in HI. I am on a iPhone 4s and I'm wondering of it will be worth it to get an iPhone 5 on the current network.

If your not seeing 3G on your 4S then what makes you think that will change with the iPhone 5??

I'm not asking if it will change when I get a five. My question is this. Does anyone know how long will it take t-mobile to refarm the network in HI. I plan on getting the iPhone 5 in the future. The network upgrade is what I am waiting on. I won't get a iPhone 5 fairly soon if the network won't be upgraded until next year. I

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

too actually know, its best to ask tmobile

Thanks for the response. I called and asked but the rep didn't really know. He gave me a generic answer about reframing in stages and it should be complete by spring 2013.

Someone I know who works at a tmobile says it till work on iPhone 5 and Some of my buddies are getting 3G on iPhone 4s in New York City but it's I'm and off so I'm guessing it's being rolled out slowly here.

Thanks

I heard Las Vegas is getting it soon. But other major cities will probably have it by the end of the year.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,203 Times in 6,211 Posts

From T-Mo's site.
    Now, there was a forum post for this before but that one was back in October and wasn't necessarily correct.
    But, if you're not one of those people that keeps up with news on like TmoNews or etc...
    T-Mobile has announced that they are spending 4 Billion rolling out LTE and REFARMING a lot of their 1900Mhz Spectrum to UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+

The refarm is already happening, and should continue massively throughout the next few years (though is mostly going to be done THIS year),
    and not that you guys care as much but LTE will be released next year.
    But the main point of this is, if you DIDNT already know, the 1900Mhz band is NEEDED to run 3G/4G on the iPhone.
    So get ready for all your "E" symbols to change to "3G".

Also, if you have 3G disabled, I'd recommend periodically throughout this year switching it on and seeing if the 3G signal comes in. and if you have your APN for data set to "wap.voicestream.com" please change it to "epc.tmobile.com" to get full speeds.
    If you live in a city you'll probably get the refarm faster then those who don't.

It's also not confirmed which EXACT locations this is happening to, but will most likely be the majority of locations where 3G/4G coverage is ALREADY.

T-Mo site map for sightings of 3G/4G HSPA speeds.
    Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)

With all these upgrades, does it mean that we can start using other phones that were not compatible with tmobile before? (Other than the iPhone, like Nokia lumia 800 and 900 series, Some of Samsung phones, blackberry and such)?