Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Riddle me this?! New bootrom with iPad baseband?

Default Riddle me this?! New bootrom with iPad baseband?
    Ok so I bought an unlocked jail broken phone eBay a recent time ago. Unlocked for tmobile. It was running software version 4.1 with the iPad baseband 6.15.00 now heres the the confusing part I know for a fact this phone has the toshiba chipset and the serial number states it was made in the 49th week of 2011?!? How is this possible? To my knowledge this phone should have been perminately bricked right? I would post a picture but I'm a n00b to this site and don't know how any help here? Because I accidentally update the version to 5.1.1 and I had to switch to an at&t prepaid sim just so I could use my phone. Still under a t mobile contract and want to go back to tmobile. Please help a broths out!

Go to settings, general, about.

Push home and power button to take a screen shot.

Upload to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting.

Use link to post picture here.

About your phone. The xx134 is just an estimate when the chips were switched and is just a rule of thumb to be safe. It is possible if it's older but not worth the risk.

Also based in your post you don't really sound like you know what you are talking about(no offense). So it sounds like you accidentally upgrade. Well this isn't possible because with a 615 baseband it would have errored out 1015. Unless you went custom firmware I don't even see how you could have upgraded to 5.1.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mindblown's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acarnes00 View Post
    Ok so I bought an unlocked jail broken phone eBay a recent time ago. Unlocked for tmobile. It was running software version 4.1 with the iPad baseband 6.15.00 now heres the the confusing part I know for a fact this phone has the toshiba chipset and the serial number states it was made in the 49th week of 2011?!? How is this possible? To my knowledge this phone should have been perminately bricked right? I would post a picture but I'm a n00b to this site and don't know how any help here? Because I accidentally update the version to 5.1.1 and I had to switch to an at&t prepaid sim just so I could use my phone. Still under a t mobile contract and want to go back to tmobile. Please help a broths out!
    ok first of all welcome to the site, second of all you should've stated what idevice you bought to keep it simple for other people to understand what you are talking about. thats alright though
    Anyways i assume you bought a 3GS off ebay since your talking about later build devices that could be bricked with ipad baseband. am i correct? lmk

also do post a screenshot as stated above
    Last edited by mindblown; 09-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

That's is odd. I'm curious. Could you post the first 5 digits of that serial number?

Sorry I will in the future try to make my posts a little more simple -img_0001.png Here is the screen shot when I originally got the Iphone 3gs

You read your serial number wrong. It's the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits.

You got a 2010 week 14.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. Good call.