+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 + baseband FW 5.13.04 on T-Mobile USA: unreliable

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have recently installed Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 to unlock my iPhones, and started experiencing baseband reliability/stability problems while connected to provider T-Mobile (TMobile) in the USA. The phones are: iPhone 3G,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs down Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 + baseband FW 5.13.04 on T-Mobile USA: unreliable
    I have recently installed Ultrasn0w 1.2.7 to unlock my iPhones, and started experiencing baseband reliability/stability problems while connected to provider T-Mobile (TMobile) in the USA.

The phones are:
    iPhone 3G, running iOS 3.1.2 and 4.0.1 (processed by Pwnage tool), tried with baseband FW 6.15.00 and 5.13.04
    iPhone 3GS, running iOS 4.0.1, jailbroken by Jailbreakme 2.0, baseband 5.13.04

The problem is that after every successful call, the signal strength indicator goes (often form 5 bars full strength) to one bar, the carrier name disappears, and it seems like the baseband is having to reinitiate the process of connecting to the carrier. (This is no a signal strength problem.) While this is happening, no incoming or outgoing calls are possible.

I have noticed that this started happening with Ultrasn0w 1.2.7. I have used older versions of Ultrasn0w, and never had these problems before. I am very sure Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 was stable on these same phones, same carrier, same geographical location.

I also read some recommendations of removing and reinstalling Ultrasn0w and Mobile substrate. These don't help my situation because these two items were installed on a clean iOS (after a "Restore" courtesy of Pwnage), without any baseband FW change afterwards.

Is there any way I can get ahold of an older version of Ultrasn0w, and install it on these phones to check if some recent change is affecting stability?

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the exact same issue except ultrasn0w is older version. As of yesterday I'm getting 3G speed and if I make a call and hang up I don't lose signal and can make another call 3G does flash a bit but pretry consistent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I solved my own problem: had to turn off "3G" data signalling, and the link to the carrier has been stable ever since. Not a problem with UltraSn0w (I downgraded as far back as 1.2.0).

Miz.Michele: thanks for your reply. Do you have a data plan with T-Mobile? (I do not.)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I do have data I'm on the value plan. Before I was getting a 3G signal each time I made a call, I'd lose the signal. It was such an issue that I had to carry a backup phone. I'm getting mostly a 3G signal and it doesn't happen but if I'm on edge it still happens. Strange