+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some assistance please. (Iphone 3GS)

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an Iphone 3GS running firmware 5.1.1, i purchased it from GameStop as a refurb yesterday. I went to T-mobile and got a prepay sim card which is activated.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Need some assistance please. (Iphone 3GS)
    I have an Iphone 3GS running firmware 5.1.1, i purchased it from GameStop as a refurb yesterday. I went to T-mobile and got a prepay sim card which is activated. I rushed into it and jailbroke it right away with some Rocky Raccoon thing. Come to find out i can not seem to figure out what to do next...

heres what i want to do:

Downgrade firmware to 4.0
    Unlock.
    Jailbreak.
    Have service working with t-mobile.

Ive seen online you need to have an iphone manufactured at a certain time to work, so heres the logistics

SERIAL NUMBER: 88214HPVEDG
    MODEL: MC640LL

I would really like to have this thing up and running before this evening... if someone else could post some links to help me i would greatly appreciate it. Ive jailbroken ipods for years, the Iphone seems to be a whole new thing to me.

Thanks all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You need to use Reds0w to update the iphone's baseband to 6.15.00 (the initial ipad 3g baseband). At that point you can download Ultrasn0w from cydia to accomplish the unlock. If you want, however, you can then downgrade the baseband back to 5.13.00, which is also ultrasn0w unlockable. When you're dealing with the iphone you have both the OS version and the baseband version. Its the latter that determines whether or not you can use it on Tmobile. There are oodles of forums and how tos for doing these things. The Dev Team Blog (google it) is probably the best place to start.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    You need to use Reds0w to update the iphone's baseband to 6.15.00 (the initial ipad 3g baseband). At that point you can download Ultrasn0w from cydia to accomplish the unlock. If you want, however, you can then downgrade the baseband back to 5.13.00, which is also ultrasn0w unlockable. When you're dealing with the iphone you have both the OS version and the baseband version. Its the latter that determines whether or not you can use it on Tmobile. There are oodles of forums and how tos for doing these things. The Dev Team Blog (google it) is probably the best place to start.
    No. His serial number shows that the iPad baseband will not work on his phone. If he does what you suggest he will corrupt his baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayleach View Post
    I have an Iphone 3GS running firmware 5.1.1, i purchased it from GameStop as a refurb yesterday. I went to T-mobile and got a prepay sim card which is activated. I rushed into it and jailbroke it right away with some Rocky Raccoon thing. Come to find out i can not seem to figure out what to do next...

heres what i want to do:

Downgrade firmware to 4.0
    Unlock.
    Jailbreak.
    Have service working with t-mobile.

Ive seen online you need to have an iphone manufactured at a certain time to work, so heres the logistics

SERIAL NUMBER: 88214HPVEDG
    MODEL: MC640LL

I would really like to have this thing up and running before this evening... if someone else could post some links to help me i would greatly appreciate it. Ive jailbroken ipods for years, the Iphone seems to be a whole new thing to me.

Thanks all.
    What carrier is the phone locked to?