+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on Tmobile - Microphone/Headset not working during calls

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey y'all I factory unlocked an old iPhone 4 for my girlfriend to use on Tmobile. Initially, everything worked fine, except she couldn't sent MMS to non-iPhone users. I then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back2thebeatof84's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 on Tmobile - Microphone/Headset not working during calls
    Hey y'all

I factory unlocked an old iPhone 4 for my girlfriend to use on Tmobile. Initially, everything worked fine, except she couldn't sent MMS to non-iPhone users. I then jailbroke it and installed i5MMS to try and correct the MMS APN settings (iPhone is running 5.1.1), but no dice, so I restored it.

Now, iMessage isn't working (iPhone users come up as green instead of blue), she can only receive MMS, and if a call is made or received, it connects, but you cannot hear someone on the other line, and they can't hear you. Tried speakerphone, didn't work. Tried plugging in headphones to finagle with the metal contacts, didn't work.

I was going to try iBackupBot, but ran into an error while trying to backup her phone into iTunes.

any input/suggestions? thanks ahead of time.

Thanks

239 views and no help? cmon MMi, I have more faith in you than that...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hardware failure. Exchange the phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    Hardware failure. Exchange the phone.
    No way could I do that; I've reconstructed the phone myself about half a year ago since the screen was badly shattered. Like I said, everything was working fine until I tried using i5MMS, which is obviously software.

The microphone picks up voice dictation for Chrome browser and also Voice Memos in the factory application, and the speaker plays music, ringtones, keyboard clicks, etc. It only doesn't work when inside of a call.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does i5MMS make a backup of your files when it installs itself? Seeing how it's software-based, it could have messed with your CoreTelephony.framework files.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrWHOx View Post
    Does i5MMS make a backup of your files when it installs itself? Seeing how it's software-based, it could have messed with your CoreTelephony.framework files.
    Great question. I'll check in with the creator of it. Appreciate the help Mr. Who