+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android on T-Mobile moving towards hatred for Apple

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Karma is coming to get you Apple and is lurking for you at every corner. Used to love Apple so much but the filth and the greed that is and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Android on T-Mobile moving towards hatred for Apple
    Karma is coming to get you Apple and is lurking for you at every corner. Used to love Apple so much but the filth and the greed that is and has become everything Apple stands for is revolting.

I have gradually moved away from Apple to newer and better Androids, ex. my new HTC ONE which really does blow away my iPhone 4S and more.

RIP Apple, you are filthy greedy, you cheat at all costs and you screw over consumers, and you sue any and everyone for any reason while cheating and lying over the true facts both in and out of court.

Apple you also constantly hide the fact from the public that most of the primary iPhone components are manufactured by their competitors.

See actual sources of iPhone hardware... (Samsung made CPU in every iPhone to date, solid-state drives are Samsung etc... the list goes on).

Almost nothing that Apple claims to do or has done is new or innovative but actually copied from previous or existing non-Apple product designs.

Long live "true competition" and may monopolizing filthy greedy companies like Apple end up in the ash-bin of history where companies like Apple so rightfully belong.

Oh Happy Days. After having bought 5 iPhones and other iDevices and iPods in the past, I am so glad to be free of the cheating, suing, greed-driven company that Apple has become.

You have completely lost me and so many others as customers.

.................................................. ......................................

I 'used' to just love Apple and everything Apple and they could almost do no wrong for over a decade. Apple seemed to do everything right while they brought the company back from the brink of bankruptcy starting in the mid 90's.

Linux is a passion of mine. I remember early on when Linux was being ported to every piece of hardware during this time. Steve Jobs, after seeing one of his upper members of management install a Linux distribution on an Apple office computer, then got on a plane to meet with Sony Executives in Japan to source PC hardware which would later become the platform for Apple. A PC that runs the FreeBSD distro of Linux/Unix and sell it as an Apple computer running OSX.

Well times have now changed. Apple no longer wants the 'free-market forces' to work in the same way that allowed Apple to make a stellar comeback and once again allow Apple to compete for consumer dollars.

Since their comeback, Apple has chosen a monopolistic predatory patent acquisition and litigation path made possible because Apple has prostituted the U.S. patent system. Apple has constantly sued competitor companies over a multitude of obvious and dubious patents for the primary purpose of Apple having almost no competition.

Most of these obvious and dubious Apple acquired patents should never have been granted but Apple's money must have found it's way into the right pockets at the patent office. If competitor companies who hold more patents than Apple would have sued Apple in the way that Apple has sued others, then the iPhone would have never made it to the marketplace.

Along comes Android. Look up the story of Android before Google acquired Android. The whole story is about Linux on the phone and Linux on portable devices. The Apple iPhone is just an extension of the Android project to put Linux on a phone.

Android was first to put Linux on the phone while Apple, with the help of Samsung and others, was the first to bring the Linux on the phone product to the market and called it an iPhone. Now Apple wants no competition. Why Apple? Why not rise above the competition with even better products and designs?

So much of the litigation and lawsuits by Apple have been for the purpose of closing the marketplace to non-Apple products and non-Apple designs. The public in the US and at large worldwide have been harmed. Court judgements and settlements require that competitive products made by companies other than Apple are to be banned from import and sale.

Companies that want to compete against Apple devices have been ordered to cripple their hardware and software features solely because Apple may have acquired a dubious patent on such things as rectangular shape, round buttons, popup menus, auto-correct, swipe to unlock, the list goes on and is transparently ridiculous.

If this kind of patent-trolling followed by incessant law-suits by Apple were allowed to become the standard, then the freedom of choice and purchasing options for technology devices for consumers would allow Apple to become the sole super-power company for portable devices such as phones and tablets.

With almost no competition, Apple could and would inflate the pricing on their products as they have already done because no real alternatives could legally exist due to Apple having a monopolistic stranglehold on patents, court remedies and the marketplace.

So imagine a world in which Apple had always made cars, microwaves, televisions, appliances, aircraft etc. Well you get the idea, it would be a dark world, and a cruel marketplace with panoptic global control by Apple alone. Only crippled limited inferior non-Apple consumer products would be allowed to exist. Competitors to Apple would face massive litigation and lawsuits from the Apple corporate executives and armies of Apple lawyers. A truly sad world for sure if Apple ran it.

So in our current system where Apple is already a super corporation that has successfully used the legal system to crush consumer choices and limit competition why could I ever buy another Apple product and add even more dollars to further Apple's global domination attempt in the phone and tablet market?

Apple has gone beyond the point of redemption with all of their lawsuits against fair-market competitors. Apple strives to limit real competition and therefore limits choices and harms all consumers. The Apple management team is infested with greed-driven individuals who gobble up the festering ill-gained profits while monopolizing the market-place.

I want to once again love everything Apple still but cannot. Admiration belongs to the talented wonderful people who work for Apple that design, create and build the great products, these people are the real heroes.
    Last edited by zeppy; 08-03-2012 at 09:39 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

First off, how did they copy from previous or non-existent designs? Apple made the first "real" smartphone. Without them we'd probably still be using phones that resemble mini Blackberries. They innovated the whole phone industry, no other company can take credit for that. They made the iPad, the iMac, and tons of revolutionary products. Apple's products are well made and original.

This is all your opinion though. But I really don't think this random hatred rant on here is necessary. If you wanna go rant about your HTC One, go on a different forum. It's pretty obvious that nobody will care here since this is an Apple forum.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Thanks for your opinion actually, everybody is entitled to an opinion of course.

I'd have to disagree though. Apple's personal affairs, if you choose, can affect you or it cannot. Like Chik-Fil-A's stance on same-gender relationships...I know people who don't care and still eat there and I know some people who care too much and are boycotting it. I personally don't care what Chik-Fil-A does, chicken's good. I'm not against same-gender marriage either, I just don't care lol.

In regards to Apple...products are still good. I'm open minded though, I'd love to try an Android (as soon as I get tired of the new iPhone coming out this year ) one day. I haven't had any problems with my iPhones, my iPad 2, my Macbook Pro, my Macbook Air, my iMac, my ATV2...Apple's personal affairs don't bother me or the performance of the products I've purchased from it. That's my opinion. But of course I respect yours as well as anybody else should.

Edit: @H4CK3R, there's no need for any hostility. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so long as the language and content is PG-13. As far as I can see, it's all good here. There can be some healthy discussion about this here lol.

Thanks

Wasn't trying to be hostile, sorry if I appeared that way I'm just a proud hater of Android and anything Android related LOL.

Thanks

Oh my dear, let's take the hate out of you lol. Just like Apple haters, you're sinking to that level...

Be favorable of what you love, be indifferent about what you don't.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Oh my dear, let's take the hate out of you lol. Just like Apple haters, you're sinking to that level...

Be favorable of what you love, be indifferent about what you don't.
    You have a point lol

Thanks

Oh I know I do haha. If only I myself could follow that for everything I have an opinion for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zeppy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Thanks for your opinion actually, everybody is entitled to an opinion of course.

I'd have to disagree though. Apple's personal affairs, if you choose, can affect you or it cannot.

In regards to Apple...products are still good. I'm open minded though, I'd love to try an Android (as soon as I get tired of the new iPhone coming out this year ) one day. I haven't had any problems with my iPhones, my iPad 2, my Macbook Pro, my Macbook Air, my iMac, my ATV2...Apple's personal affairs don't bother me or the performance of the products I've purchased from it. That's my opinion. But of course I respect yours as well as anybody else should.
    i.Annie, always a welcome voice of reason. I 'used' to just love Apple and everything Apple and they could almost do no wrong for over a decade. Apple seemed to do everything right while they brought the company back from the brink of bankruptcy starting in the mid 90's.

Apple has gone beyond the point of redemption with all of their lawsuits against fair-market competitors. Apple strives to limit real competition and therefore limits choices and harms all consumers. The Apple management team is infested with greed-driven individuals who gobble up the festering ill-gained profits while monopolizing the market-place.

I want to once again love everything Apple still but cannot. Admiration belongs to the talented wonderful people who work for Apple that design, create and build the great products, these people are the real heroes.

Last edited by zeppy; 08-03-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks

You make a very valid point there. That much I can agree with. I just can't imagine parting with my MacBooks though. The iPhone...maybe, just maybe lol. I don't agree with Apple trying to ban Samsung's tablet and all that, and it truly does hurt others by limiting people this way. Business is business I guess you could say. I certainly hope all of this will blow over eventually.