+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and getting t-zones/preferred data?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is it $5 dollars for preferred data? does it work great on the iphone 4? been on tmobile for a long time and have had a iphone 3, 3GS, and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 and getting t-zones/preferred data?
    is it $5 dollars for preferred data? does it work great on the iphone 4?

been on tmobile for a long time and have had a iphone 3, 3GS, and iphone 4 and never had data. its time to get it. i know its gonna be slow but i need it.

please help me on what do say or do when i call tmobile!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Not sure it's going to work though if your not grandfathered in. Do not call them from your iPhone, use a land line or a friends cheapo phone. I have heard that some people have had luck getting T-Zones but not in a year or so. Good luck as their normal data plans are $40 ish a month now. They do offer a $1.50 a month (1.5GB) for smartphones I believe, but it get's real expensive if you go over that. Anyway, good luck.

Found this.

Prep/Pre-call:

What your trying to do is to get the T-Zones Unlimited Web data plan ($5.99/mo). This plan is no longer advertised and most customer service reps will claim it no longer exists. I would recommend stating you have a Razr or another older non-smartphone tmobile offered at some point (nokia ones) and you want the cheapest data plan since your probably not really going to use it but would be nice just in case. think about what your going to say ahead of time to make it a smoother call

Call:
    Be nice! Remember these people are just doing their job. Again, tell them you have an older phone you want to get full data on and that you wanted to sign up for the T-Zones plan. You can try to escalate it to the terminations department (some people have said that they had better luck w/the terminations department but ymmv).

Small talk and treating the rep like a real, warm blooded person always helps. Remember, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar! Hopefully by the end of the call, you’ll have a your shiny cheap T-Zones data plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok tzones is hard to get but i heard preferred data can be added no problem, im trying right now. ill update

Thanks
    Thanked 9,626 Times in 5,901 Posts

Anxious to hear if you have any luck.
    Welcome to MMi by the way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i think i just got preferred phone first data added

Green Apple
    Thanks
    how many MB are they giving you?