Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: still issues with sms

Default still issues with sms
    used scroopys and the online apn changer. full restore before each of them, too. mms works fine using either one but sms and imsg/facetime still dont work. i know i have the apns right cuz they are working on my other phone but for the life of me i cannot get them to work on my 4s.

using a 4s with a gevey. phone works great, too. just cant get the sms and imsg working.

any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

thx
    neurosys

The problem when you use the gevey is this. The phone searches the sim for the carrier bundle and the gevey tells it that it is AT&T carrier. Once the phone says ok. The tmobile sim starts to work. You put in the Apn info and the phone is like WTF. Hence you lose apn info and cant use data once there is a network reset(lose service, reboot) This is where some of the problem is for SMS/mms. I think that is why the commcenter is patched when you have i5mms.

FaceTime and iMessage need activation using auth push notification and a silent text(?!?). So you need to use one of the guides to enable both to activate.

Ya kinda what I thought. Got SMS, data and mms working great. Still playing with so I haven't used commcenter patch yet. Looking around the forums to c what the fixes r for imsg.

I have two phones so it allows me to screw around a little without the fear of neon high and dry with no phone.

Thx for the reply!!