Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 t-mobile wanting to upgrade os but will it change my modem firmware?

Default Iphone 4 t-mobile wanting to upgrade os but will it change my modem firmware?
    I have an Iphone 4 running 4.1 with modem firmware at 2.10.04 using Gevey Ultra to work with T-mobile. Question is I want to upgrade the OS to 5.1 so that some apps can work again. I know that I can't mess with my firmware but really frustrated in not able to use some apps because of my old OS.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Make ya a custom firmware and you can update it. Just make sure you make a custom one and don't upgrade with out it. Or ya phone won't be able to have service.

Thanks! Is there a tutorial on how to do that here somewhere? I will google it but so many stupid people with fake answers and I don't know what to trust!

Do you have shsh blobs saved for 5.1? You can update to 5.1.1 and still Jailbreak and unlock if you want.

Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Using Redsn0w 0.9.12b1 | Redmond Pie

there may be a newer version of reds0w, which will work too.

One thing to note, to restore to the custom firware that does not update baseband, you have to have your phone in DFU mode. reds0w can take you through the steps to get into DFU mode if you dont know how. (just click on Pwned DFU)