Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New MMS,SMS,DATA FIX For Gevey Ultra Unlocked 4S on 5.1.1 For Tmobile

Can you tell us when to put the original carrier SIM in, when to take it out, and when to put Gevey card in? I have done a full restore to clean 5.1.1 (my contacts are still in there, does that mean it wasn't a full restore?), pushed the TMO fix several times, tried the "airplane mode on and reboot" thing.

What are the Gevey people are saying? I bought one off ebay, and the appleNberry rep on the phone says she can't provide support without direct order number (meaning they won't provide support to anyone who bought from a reseller. WTF?!)

Anyway (even if I bought a counterfeit gevey), judging by the number of people having problems, it seems that appleNberry isn't able to provide a fix themselves.
    Last edited by minidanas; 07-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.

I restored three times and installed the mms fix 4 times. I airplane mode rebooted a few times also. Long story short is that it does work with the gevey ultra s on IPhone 4s running iOS 5.1.1 I have FaceTime iMessage, mms and data running on my phone. (no option for 3G but, sbsettings has the toggle)

bluehaze, can you tell what was the last thing you did: installing the fix or the airplane mode thing?

Also, did you do everything with the Gevey card inside, or did you have to put the original carrier SIM sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by minidanas View Post
    bluehaze, can you tell what was the last thing you did: installing the fix or the airplane mode thing?

Also, did you do everything with the Gevey card inside, or did you have to put the original carrier SIM sometimes?
    I'm on a 5.1.1 iphone 4s bb2.0.12 using gevey for T-Mobile

(This is based on the last install attempt)
    I started with a fresh restore. I put a AT&T sim in to activate. I jail broke with redsnow. Switched over to the Gevey then followed the instructions from the OP. it worked for mms but not for SMS. I rebooted with airplane mode on. Then I checked and it didn't work so I re installed the fix. I rebooted with airplane mode on (twice) and tested mms/SMS again. It worked. The edit apn/3G option is not avail in settings but I am using sbsettings for 3G toggle.

The FaceTime/iMessage fiasco is another story for another day :

Default help!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehaze View Post
    I'm on a 5.1.1 iphone 4s bb2.0.12 using gevey for T-Mobile

(This is based on the last install attempt)
    I started with a fresh restore. I put a AT&T sim in to activate. I jail broke with redsnow. Switched over to the Gevey then followed the instructions from the OP. it worked for mms but not for SMS. I rebooted with airplane mode on. Then I checked and it didn't work so I re installed the fix. I rebooted with airplane mode on (twice) and tested mms/SMS again. It worked. The edit apn/3G option is not avail in settings but I am using sbsettings for 3G toggle.

The FaceTime/iMessage fiasco is another story for another day :
    can you please tell me how you were able to get the FT/imsg working?? I have been at it for hours and every fix I've stumbled upon doesn't work! AHHH! please help!

For carrier fix just go here. Works great and is less filling.

1. Turn off data only wifi on.
    2. Choose carrier
    3. Install certificate

Worked great for me.

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

I have no affiliation with this site. He charges nothing. Just a dood helpin out other doods

Quote Originally Posted by legend_airy View Post
    can you please tell me how you were able to get the FT/imsg working?? I have been at it for hours and every fix I've stumbled upon doesn't work! AHHH! please help!
    I don't know if this will work for everyone because i messed up during one of the steps (i was tired lol) and you need to restore your carrier.plist (remember this for later). I removed my apple id and turned off facetime/imessage before I installed the mms/SMS fix as stated above. I followed the guide for gevey users on the tmobile support website. (***i used I file to edit the .plist***)

The site directs you to copy and paste a carrier.plist to the carrier locked to the phone. I F***ed that up by pasting to the tmobile carrier.plist and I gave up. I ended up also pasting the same carrier.plist to the AT&T folder. I turned on FaceTime/iMessage and put my apple I'd in. It was waiting for activation so I restarted my phone with airplane mode on. Facetime and iMessage activated with my number after it rebooted.

Here is the link: http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/2...oredirect=true

Update!! Everything still works and I rebooted the phone many times.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehaze View Post
    Update!! Everything still works and I rebooted the phone many times.
    Everything stopped working I had to reboot after an install the mms/SMS stopped working. FaceTime and iMessage activation for my number dis appeared

Default finally working!
    tweaked the fix and got everything working it's been a week and no problems!

Well my SMS/mms is working but my push notification is not working anymore so I cant get FaceTime working right now. I'll try to use Sam and fix it because I don't feel like restoring my phone

I have an iPhone 4s 5.1.1 unlocked with gevey, running on T-Mobile. Email, internet, and receiving texts work fine but I can not send texts. I keep getting message send failure. Phone is not jailbroken. I have tired the unlock.co.nz fixed which worked for a while, but once my phone restarted it stopped. Ive tired resetting the network settings. Ive been to tmobile, apple, I even went to an at&t store to see if putting an att sim in would work and nothing. Is there anything else I can do? Would jailbreaking it do anything? Would getting the phone factory unlocked make any difference, instead of using gevey?

Also, everytime I plug it into the computer I get an error message on itunes saying 'itunes cant connect to this iphone'

Any help would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by casiemarie05 View Post
    I have an iPhone 4s 5.1.1 unlocked with gevey, running on T-Mobile. Email, internet, and receiving texts work fine but I can not send texts. I keep getting message send failure. Phone is not jailbroken. I have tired the unlock.co.nz fixed which worked for a while, but once my phone restarted it stopped. Ive tired resetting the network settings. Ive been to tmobile, apple, I even went to an at&t store to see if putting an att sim in would work and nothing. Is there anything else I can do? Would jailbreaking it do anything? Would getting the phone factory unlocked make any difference, instead of using gevey?

Also, everytime I plug it into the computer I get an error message on itunes saying 'itunes cant connect to this iphone'

Any help would be great!
    Try to reboot your phone. Or at least turn it off then back on. If that doesn't work switch the USB port on your computer and then try again. Seems like a simple enough fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubb0074 View Post
    Try to reboot your phone. Or at least turn it off then back on. If that doesn't work switch the USB port on your computer and then try again. Seems like a simple enough fix.

Tired that. I've probably restarted my phone a hundred times. I have also tired different usb ports on my computer; I've even tired a totally different computer and still got the same message. It has to be something wrong with the phone itself. When you say reboot, what exactly do you mean?

Try a hard reboot. Home & on/off key then restart your phone

Tired that. I've probably restarted my phone a hundred times. I have also tired different usb ports on my computer; I've even tired a totally different computer and still got the same message. It has to be something wrong with the phone itself. When you say reboot, what exactly do you mean?
    I decided to factory unlock my phone. It works without the need of the gevey or any mms fix from cydia. I did have to input the network settings.

Since your phone is not jail broken and you ate one a gevey, you need to double check the network settings to see if the info from the profile stuck. Remove the profile from the iPhone. Restart and reinstall once the gevey unlocks. Check info in cell data network settings.
    Last edited by bluehaze; 08-08-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Default anyone know how to fix sms on a 4s with gevey unlock? will donate!
    i have gotten it to work by putting all those #5005...etc numbers in, but as soon as your phone turns off, the sms is gone again. i'm tired of constantly doing this. anyone have permanent solution? will happily donate.

thx, scott

I did the steps with Cydia and the reboot and now I can't open Cydia and still can't send pictures through text messages. What should I do? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12