Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.

Developer
    Thanks

Default i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    i5MMS
    Works on iOS 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1

I have updated i5MMS to version 1.1

Recent Changes
    • Added support for Straight Talk (AT&T)
    • Added support for carrier logos for Straight Talk and Simple Mobile
    • Added a fix for Facetime and iMessage activation
    • Externalized the CommCenter patch
    • Renamed the Help tab to Diagnostics and added 2 new buttons
    • Bugs and fixes

Instructions are in the homepage of the app itself, but here is a tutorial, please pay attention.]

I have tested this on an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. All work perfectly and beautiful. There are some pointers to be noted.

I RECOMMEND PATCHING COMMCENTER AS IT WILL ENSURE YOUR APN SETTINGS STICK ON REBOOT

Installation
    1. Add cydia.bbyscroopy.com to your cydia sources.
    2. Search for i5MMS on cydia and select install, it will install some requirements in order for i5MMS to work.
    3. Respring once installation is complete and open i5MMS from SpringBoard.
    4. Click on the middle tab called 'i5MMS' and you will click either T-Mobile USA, Straight Talk or Simple Mobile.
    5. For T-Mobile you will tap on any of the 5 options and cycle though each one of them until your iPhone is working and select 'Apply Settings'.
    6. For Simple Mobile and Straight Talk simply tap 'Apply Settings'.
    7. Device will respring, open 'Settings' app.
    8. Go to General>Network. Here you may disable '3G' and enable 'Data Roaming'.
    9. Continue on to 'Cellular Data Network' and scroll to the bottom and you will tap 'Reset Settings' TWICE. (2)
    10. If Internet Tethering option is not available it may not be enabled for you, best option would be to a clean restore, else navigate all the way back to the first screen called 'Settings'.
    11. Go to 'Facetime' preferences and toggle it to On.
    12. Now go to 'Messages' preferences and toggle it On.
    13. Now navigate to General>Network you should now be able to enable 'Personal Hotspot'.
    14. You are done, now you may add T-Mobile carrier logos, and patch CommCenter.

NOTE
    The button called 'Fix' in the Facetime + iMessage Fix menu will provide a fix but you will need to toggle Facetime and iMessage OFF and ON.
    I have also added a new button called 'Reset' click this to erase any carrier settings previously set to be able to start over and perhaps fix a problem.

Help
    If you need any help or are running into problems go to the 'Diagnostics' tab on bottom and press the button 'Run Diagnostics' this will send me a diagnostic report and enable me to help you out better.

Here is the Facebook page for i5MMS if you could all like it. Thank you
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/i5MMS/230102080438217

Twitter
    @BbyScroopy

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bby Scroopy For This Useful Post:

FoSixBoy (07-12-2012), hazmat_princess (07-20-2012), Papuchongui (06-19-2012)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH... Finally got it to download... Thank u soo much once again this and i4mms are the only things that have worked for me.. Your work is really really really appreciated.

Default won't open
    Hey, I just downloaded i5mms and every time I try to open the app it just crashes. I'm currently running 5.1.1 Jailbroken with RedSn0w and unlocked with UltraSn0w.

Same here :'(... I recently had to upgrade to its 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4S due to the fact that I got the spinning wheel of death.... But since it says it works for 5.1.1 I figured it wouldn't matter... But every time I download I open the app.. I get the respring wheel but still on the app. Then it crashes... This happens on every attempt to launch the app... Like I said I'm on iPhone 4S 5.1.1 with gevey ultra S sim unlocked.. Please fix and once again Thanks In Advance
    Last edited by Papuchongui; 06-20-2012 at 12:54 PM.

I can also confirm app crashes on 4S gsm 5.1.1. please update us on the fix.

Thank You

Everything is working on iPhone 4s 5.1.1

Developer
    Thanks

I have fixed the isssue with i5MMS it should now launch and work enjoy also can someone please verify it is working on 5.0 or 5.0.1? thank you

downloads now, but not working on my 4S with Gevey S....will keep trying.

Developer
    Thanks

what is wrong with it exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by guitar54 View Post
    downloads now, but not working on my 4S with Gevey S....will keep trying.

got it fixed - you and I already exchanged emails - had to turn off 3G, but I notice this fix works with email addresses not with my phone number - is this normal?

I'm having some problems ... After I do the enable features for iMessage and FaceTime... I go to settings and enable both.. Then it says waiting for activation.. After a while it says actuation unsuccessful please try again.. Plz help
    THANKS in Advance

Default SMS still NOT working
    I5MMS is about the same as T-moblile MMS Fix. it does not fix the SMS with the call center problem.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar54 View Post
    Turn off 3G
    It is... It's not even an option to turn it on or off

Quote Originally Posted by Papuchongui View Post
    It is... It's not even an option to turn it on or off
    If you don't see the option - how do you know that it is turned off?

Quote Originally Posted by tencul View Post
    I5MMS is about the same as T-moblile MMS Fix. it does not fix the SMS with the call center problem.
    I tried the T-Mobile MMS Fix - did not work - I5MMS worked for me.

[QUOTE=guitar54;6589103]If you don't see the option - how do you know that it is turned off?

If there's no option it's like no effect so I would guess its turned off.. And it's alright all is working thank you... And THANK YOU Bbyscroopy for the app... Great work once again

Thanks BbyScroopy. MMS works great!! Comm Center patch does not seems to work, I have 4s with Gevey ultra s, jail broke, Yes, I did turn the 3 G OFF, After the patch, I did the enquiry for for SMS center by dial the #7xxx command#, it still return 7. Someone at T-Mobile forum, posted a solution, after setting the sms center with dialer, it will prompt success, but the center number is missing, it show a button for Dismiss, do not hit Dismiss button, power down, take out the gevey card, power up, reinsert Gevey card, SMS start working, did enquiry again, it shows 206,xxx,xxxx call center number for T-Mobile. It is a pain. so is everything about iphone with T-Mobile. Gevey ultra is kind flaky at times as well.

Default iMessage & FaceTime iPhone 4s (Gevey sim T-Mobile)
    So this allows you to use iMessage & FaceTime with your mobile number if you are using T-Mobile with a Gevey sim?

Quote Originally Posted by Cepj33 View Post
    So this allows you to use iMessage & FaceTime with your mobile number if you are using T-Mobile with a Gevey sim?
    Yes it does

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast