+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i5MMS, T-Mobile Fix for Internet, MMS, Hotspot, Facetime, iMessage, Logos, ect.

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by pmo2408 Well I tried this fix and ended up losing my data and mms. I ended up restoring from backup, got mms back but no data. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pmo2408 View Post
    Well I tried this fix and ended up losing my data and mms. I ended up restoring from backup, got mms back but no data. I restored as a new iphone, still no data. Can anyone tell me how to get data back? my iphone 3gs is unlocked on tmobile 5.1.1.... im not having much luck searching elsewhere.

thanks for any help
    Download TetherMe from Cydia and u should see your Cellular Data Network back and available for APN editing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish to report successful news but unfortunately same results. I restored my phone 3 more times all morning saturday trying to do every combination possible in regards to what I downloaded and the order/steps I actioned them. I tried @Papuchongui's way and in different order and its still same results. I even downloaded "the simple mobile fix from Lei repo" and implemented it one time and without with another restore. Same result =(. It clearly looks like everytime you reboot it automatically erases and clear out the cellular data network settings. I currently did a last restore with out downloading i5mms again and it looks like cell data network erases now because its still somehow embedded in phone even though I did restore. I truly need help here as I am certain my phone can't continue to function this way. Once again, I have seen i5mms work correctly so I am aware of what it shoudl look like, but that was only for a few seconds and then things started to act up. Has BBy Scroopy replied back to this specific issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

have you done the commcenter patch? i have the same issue sometimes. every few times i reboot, which isnt often, mine dissapears. i then just remove the the certificate and reinput the values i need.

but, i havent done the commcenter patch either so i will give it a shot after work and let ya know how it goes...but, since your facing a dilema give it a shot.

or, is it possible to, after you have it working, go make a backup of the plist file. if you rebooty and it doesnt work just copy the working file and respring...not sure if this would work but you can try it?

neurosys

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Put a YouTube video up

Thanks
    Thanked 9,513 Times in 5,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kuyachizz View Post
    I wish to report successful news but unfortunately same results. I restored my phone 3 more times all morning saturday trying to do every combination possible in regards to what I downloaded and the order/steps I actioned them. I tried @Papuchongui's way and in different order and its still same results. I even downloaded "the simple mobile fix from Lei repo" and implemented it one time and without with another restore. Same result =(. It clearly looks like everytime you reboot it automatically erases and clear out the cellular data network settings. I currently did a last restore with out downloading i5mms again and it looks like cell data network erases now because its still somehow embedded in phone even though I did restore. I truly need help here as I am certain my phone can't continue to function this way. Once again, I have seen i5mms work correctly so I am aware of what it shoudl look like, but that was only for a few seconds and then things started to act up. Has BBy Scroopy replied back to this specific issue?
    Have dealt with this issue before many times (I use unlocked devices also) and you can battle this or you can restore to a fresh OS (not from a synced backup, fresh restore), re-jailbrake add the LEI repo in Cydia again and I am almost 100% sure it will work for you, or try this method again once restored.
    Trying other patches/tweaks or repos on top of others can corrupt the file system, so why not start fresh and you will know for sure.

I don't mean to come in this thread and hijack it as this fix does work for many.

Just dealing with the same issues myself and helping other members, I have found that this process does not work for everyone for whatever reason, as you can see by other posts. I also feel confident that BBy Scroopy will do all he can to figure this all out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked like a champ!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just figured out something that might help - after I went through the process, Facetime and iMessage would still not work via my phone number - I then pulled the SIM card out until the no sim error popped up, then inserted it back in, then flipped on and then off airplane mode - than went to Facetime and iMessage in settings and turned them on...they then both worked! Tell me if this worked for you...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope. Didn't work here. Imsg only works with email for me. Pain in the butt, but everything else works good so I can't complain to loud. Live this phone man. :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help!
    I have an iphone 4s 5.1.1 with gevey sim for t-mobile and once i get to step 8 and 9 i get insanely confused.I dont have an option to disable 3g nor can i reset celluard data. can anyone post a video on how to do this. would be greatly appreciated!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did the instructions word for word and still getting "waiting for activation". Then after like 10 min I will get
    unsuccessful activation. Any problem fixers for this other than turn 3G off?

UPDATE: FIXED went through the whole process again and it worked. Thanks!
    Last edited by NahmeanShun; 08-23-2012 at 09:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm still able to get this working buy going through this process - works every time:

I then pulled the SIM card out until the no sim error popped up, then inserted it back in, then flipped on and then off airplane mode - than went to Facetime and iMessage in settings and turned them on...they then both worked! Do this after following the instruction on the application itself.

Thanks

everything was working fine until my phone died and now the imessage toggle won't even turn blue (on) and all my imessage threads are gone. how can i turn it back on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Just some background: I'm very new to this whole iPhone thing, so please forgive me for any screwups. I have an iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1 with Gevey. Oh and I'm on T-Mobile.

I had my Cellular Network Tab before trying this.

I tried using i5MMS (I learned about this through a video on youtube btw) and I also installed the CommCenter Patch while doing so. But when the method didn't work, I uninstalled i5MMS. That kind of screwed up my settings and when I tried to restore the settings, it wouldn't go back to the way it was before (for example, the the APN used to be live.vodafone.com). Anyways, I thought the CommCenter Patch was behind this so I uninstalled that too. But then, my Cellular Data Network tab disappeared. I'm kind of freaking out right now because I just want things to go back to how they were before.

I noticed above that someone said to install TetherMe to get Cellular Data Network back. Will installing that give me any extra charges? Sorry, I'm just a little too paranoid to install anything else right now.

I would really appreciate any help, from anyone. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hello just download it i5mms from your repo but when i go to open it it tells me to error download i5mms from original repo

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having issues adding the repo to my sources on cydia. Is the repo till available?

Ok, I finally got the repo to add and now I'm getting the Same message as Richard Leal. It says "error download i5mms from original repo".
    Last edited by Gjohnson7; 12-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone?????? I'm still getting the same error!

Developer
    Thanks

sorry guys, I've updated i5MMS just refresh cydia and upgrade i5MMS more info on first post

Green Apple
    Thanks

How can I get the commcenter patch now? It doesn't link to anything in the app. Do I need another source?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After the 1.1 update i5mms just crashes everytime I try and open it. It was working perfect before the update on my iphone 4 5.1.1 it's unlocked when the SAM bug came out so I don't know what is going on why It crashes now. I can't send pics anymore. Sad face. And yes I have donated!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone have imessage, FaceTime and push functioning on ios 6?????????

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123